cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Buds - Right earbud battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been using my Galaxy Buds for about 3 weeks now and this sudden problem started to occur. I could leave my buds at 100%, inside the charging case over the night, and when I wake up to check on them, my right earbud has completely drained while my left earbud is still at 100%. Same while using them, my right earbud seem to drain alot faster than my left one, the right one can suddenly be at 70 - 65% while my left earbud sits at 95%. 

Is there a fix for this at all? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Buds - Right earbud battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there guys!

Can you send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code: 
Serial Numer:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought the Galaxy Earbuds less than a week ago, first few days they were great.  Now, right earbud drains power way way faster than the left.  I workout at the gym for 120 minutes and the right earbud is down to 30% while the left earbud is at 80%.  When I put it in the base for recharging, it charges way slower than the left side.  This problem has been occuring for the last 4 days and I have owned them for 12 days.  

The other issue I have with the earbuds, they stutter while playing music.  They will be fine for about 30 minutes then start to stutter every 8 to 10 minutes.  The earbuds feel good in my ears and stay when I put them in but if I am going to have issues with power drain being unequal and stuttering, what's the point of keeping them especially at the price you pay for them?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there guys!

Can you send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code: 
Serial Numer:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungZell

Is there a solution to this issue? 

I received my Galaxy Buds yesterday and have the same issue.  Upon unboxing, the right bud was completely drained.  Left bud was at 80%. 

Right bud drains twice as fast durng use and charges at a much slower rate. 

What's up with that?  Do I need to send them back for a refund?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GPMonte I would recommend charging them both up to a full charge and seeing if you experience these symptoms.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this a solution?  I have the same issue.  I'm not sure that you were able to solve the issue just through some private message.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this accepted as a solution???

This issue is certainly not solved or fixed!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue with my right Galaxy Buds+ ear piece. These are the new Buds+ that I purchased with my S20. I tried resetting the buds via the app but still same issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im experiencing the same problem. I have sent it to samsung service centre and they wont replace it but they will repair it for free since its still under warranty. Mine is just 3months old... hopefully when i collect it i wont experience the same issue again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkX5fhWuxO4  How'd it go?  Did you get them back and does it charge properly now?