Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy Buds + call sound quality is bad

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Mmeetoilenoir ,

Just following up to confirm your issue was resolved. Please mark your question as resolved or follow up with one of us for resolution

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had similar issue with the other end unable to hear my talk clearly. I noticed the ambient sound was off but when I turned it on, the problem got resolved. Something to look into, if it is not already. Hope it helps.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a new update released last night try that

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm downloading it now. Thanks! We'll see what happens.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Bad call sound on my buds+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Initially the call quality on my buds+ was perfect, but recently the call quality has bropped drastically. While on call on my buds+ I hear the other persons voice but it is quite shrill and has disturbance. I thought that there was some issue with my cell phone, but then after connecting it to my other devices the call quality was bad as explained above. Other than the call, the buds+ are working just fine. Hope this is some software issue and not a hardware issue. Kindly help me solve this issue. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Bad call sound on my buds+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would call Samsung Customer service to check to see if i have warranty . If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the Ear buds onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Asteroid

Buds+ distorted sound during calls and incredibly poor Samsung Service

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I've purchased my galaxy buds + a month ago in Russia but I'm writing here since the "support" I've received from Samsung Russia is bloody outrageous. 

Anyway, 3 weeks after I purchased my buds I've started experiencing very distorted and harsh sound during audio calls with my OnePlus (mids and lows were gone and treble went up creating very metallic and harsh voicing). I've done all the troubleshooting steps (reconnecting, updating firmware, reinstalling Galaxy Wearable app) - nothing helped. When I wanted to exchange them I was forced to give them to the service center for diagnostics, and suprise-surpise - they told me that headphones are A-ok, despite the issue being obviously there. 

I've then tested Buds + with iPhone and they worked fine, but the issue persisted with Android phones which makes me think that it's the connectivity/codec issue. When I've contacted support chat again I was basically told that the headphones are fine and if they don't work with my phone, then "well, they work fine with samsung devices". I mean I could expect incompetence, but this was beyond my wildest expectations - as if I'm supposed to buy a Samsung phone for earbuds to work correctly. 

Anyway, I would be grateful for some tips since this issue is driving me crazy - I've literally purchased them for calls. 
Also Samsung - do something about your Russian branch - this CS level is worse than terrible. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Buds+ distorted sound during calls and incredibly poor Samsung Service

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I have a some troubleshooting you can do to help with this.

First I would try to reset the buds, you can do so following these steps:

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

If that does not help to get the buds to connect, give the next troubleshooting steps a try.

Go to Setting > Connections > Bluetooth and un-pair the buds from there

Next, go to the Wearable's app and un-pair the device

Then uninstall and reinstall the Wearable's app

Once reinstalled reconnect the buds while they are plugged up by the power cord that came with them in the box.

If after performing this I would recommend seeking further options. This forum is for the support of US devices, I would recommend reaching out to the support center in your area. You can do so by using the following link.  https://www.samsung.com/visitcountry