cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Buds call quality issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having similar issue with buds live. People are telling me that I sound like I'm in a bathroom during phone calls.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've received 2 firmware updates since purchasing these Buds Live, so I'm not sure when exactly this issue had started. The "Active Noise cancelling" and "Relieve Pressure with Ambient sound" functions are turned off. Can't use these headphones for phone calls because people constantly complain on the poor sound quality with echoes. 

Please help!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting your watch?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have the Watch.

The issue is with Buds Live.

I tried resetting in Galaxy Wearable, cleaning cache and data in the app.

The issue still persists. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Information sent. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I sent my Buds Live for repair and got them back today.
The issue with the microphone calibration has been partially resolved.
The software ver. installed before the repair was R180XXU0ATI5 (updated after purchasing via Galaxy Wearable app).
The headphones came back from repair with software ver. R180XXU0ATG9 and Galaxy Wearable is asking to update to R180XXU0ATI5 again, which of course I am not going to do.
In my understanding the newer R180XXU0ATI5 software version makes the microphone calibration even worse.
The fact that the headphes came back with the original software ver. rather than the latest available makes me believe that the newer version was released prematurely.
Just to reiterate - This issue appears only when I'm using the headphones indoors. When I step outside the microphone seems to be working fine and blocking most ambient noises.
But when I'm inside - it picks up every little ambient sound, including echos from the walls and the call receiver is complaining.
I would expect these kind of issues from a $20 headphones, but not from the high-end model such as this one.
Hoping Samsung will make the mic calibration better soon.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a solution for this. I'm having same problem. I can't use ear buds for phone calls, people can hardly hear me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems many people are having this issue. Why would samsung make such product?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also getting complaints from people on the phone hearing background noise. They're hearing conversations from across the house when I'm in a closed room. Only purchased them for work calls and they are currently unusable due to this issue.