cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Buds+ disconnect from Note10+ via Galaxy Active 2 watch?

Hey guys,

I got my galaxy buds plus last week and today i encountered a strange situation. With the phone (Note 10+ 5G) on my desk, i have no problems talking hours on the phone with the buds... that's coronavirus for ya' 🥺. The strange thing was that with the phone in my pocket during a call, the buds would disconnect, the call being transferred to my phone's speakers, and when i select "send call to phone" from my galaxy active 2 watch, the call would be transferred to the buds again... This was consistent and annoying and i tested if it happens with my galaxy watch disconnected from my phone...lo and behold, the buds would work as they're intended. Anybody in the same situation? i will try to reproduce the case tomorrow, but considering the fact that the single variable changed was that the phone was in my pocket and not on my desk...it is kind of odd. Thx and keep safe.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Buds+ disconnect from Note10+ via Galaxy Active 2 watch?

This seems to be the case because of the Phone being in your pocket which is obstructing the Bluetooth signal from reaching your Note 10+. Bluetooth tech is lacking in that manner just the smallest obstruction can knock out the signal. This seems to be an issue with the Bluetooth tech itself. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Buds+ disconnect from Note10+ via Galaxy Active 2 watch?

Hey, thx for your input but i must disagree with your assumption as I've used the buds through a concrete wall in my apartment and did not see any notable reduction in signal and audio quality, not even a background noise or a skip in the conversation. I think the problem resides in the galaxy watch because now i remember that this sort of behaviour (switching the call from one device to another) happened before i got my galaxy buds and the call would be forwarded trough my watch instead of the phone.