cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy Buds+ make a weird noise when connected to a wireless transmitter

So I just got my Galaxy Buds+ in the mail, I got them for work. I use a walkie at work and my job is to be undercover so I went with the option of getting a wireless transmitter so I dont have the cable from the ear piece showing/hanging from my ear. I bought two transmitters, one from Amazon that's $20 and I bought another one from Target for like $45. After pairing the first transmitter I noticed that after 5-10 mins when someone talks to me on the walkie their voices sound distorted, "bit-crushed", in sound effect terms, almost robotic coming from the buds, even the walkie buttons sound like that if I switch to a different channel. This doesn't stop until I disconnect the transmitter from the headphones and reconnect them. I thought it was the transmitter so I ended up buying the $45 one and it still happened with that one. Now, my coworker has the same $45 transmitter, except the only difference is that he has Apple Airpods instead of the Buds+ and he doesnt have this issue. Does anyone know why this might happen? I connected the transmitter to my Nintendo switch and played a game for like 5-10 minutes and I didn't get that noise coming from the game. Is anyone else experiencing this too and have you guys found a solution? Is it the walkie?

Today I tried my Bose wireless headphones and it never happened. I already pair my girlfriend's Galaxy Buds+ using the same transmitters with the walkie and it made that noise again. So I'm just convinced it's the Galaxy Buds+. Can we get this fixed with an update soon??? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Buds+ make a weird noise when connected to a wireless transmitter

Oh I also reset the galaxy buds and it still made that noise...

Highlighted
Product Expert

In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the Ear buds onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! Samsung_YSg2iNo

I would be happy to look into your concerns.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.