Original topic:

Galaxy Buds+ on iPhone low sound

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 09:21 AM)
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds

I know this is a stretch but does anybody use Galaxy Buds + on an iPhone?  I got these for free when I got my S20.  I ultimately didn't like the S20 and switched to an iPhone 11 and now I'm on an iPhone 13 and the sound level on the Galaxy Buds + is noticeably bad/low.  I have a pair of plug in earpods and just to compare full volume on the Galaxy Buds + equates to about 40% volume on the earpods...it's really awful.  I also have a pair of over the ear headphones and the volume is comparable to the earpods.  Does anybody know if this is an issue with the Galaxy Buds in general? Like do they only have good volume on Samsung phones? I'm eventually going to ditch them and just match up my iPhone with airpods pro but am waiting for the next gen model to release which may be while so I'll still be using my Galaxy Buds+ for a few months at the very least.  Is there a fix that anybody knows of?  I've tried running through a few things like holding in the earbud to get to max volume and then adjusting the phone volume as mentioned in many forums but it did absolutely jack.  I feel like these earbuds were great until they constantly updated the heck out of them.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds

False alarm. Turns out it was just the right bud that is damaged.  I use mine during work to listen to podcasts and I only ever put the right one in my ear and leave the left in the case because I like to have one ear  open. Over the summer my buds fell out of the case onto a busy road and the right one got run over by a car but it still seemed to be functioning and the bud itself seemed pretty undamaged besides some slight scratching and the plastic was a bit warped.  So I've literally only been using the bud that had been run over. Just the other day I decided to only use the left bud and it hit me...the right one is definitely damaged. Turns out the right bud is just toast and the ambient sound function in it is completely shot. The volume can only reach like 40% of what the left bud can do. Kind of a bummer but at least I know it isn't a product issue.  

0 Likes