cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Buds+ poor sound quality, call in progress even though it's not

The sound quality for music is bad and the buds think I'm on a call, even though I am not. I can't adjust some settings like ambient noise and equalizer, because the buds+ (mistakenly) think I am on a call.

I just got these the other day and I'm having so many issues I think they'll be going back.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy Buds+ poor sound quality, call in progress even though it's not

Thank you for posting your concern,

Have you tried going into the wearables app and seeing if there's any pending updates to install? Usually there's a few firmware updates to install out of the box for wearables. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have, the software is up to date on the Wear app, Android and buds+. I had to reboot the phone to get it to work as expected. I've had a couple times now where the buds+ continue to think I am on a call, even though I am not. I use Zoom, Google Handouts which the buds+ also seem to consider calls. After disconnecting calls, the buds+ persist on thinking a call is active. I've tried Force Stop on the app (Android on Galaxy S8), but that didn't work.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @userth1n6MV267 

If the Galaxy Buds+ are still experiencing the same issue, I suggest contacting Samsung in regards to your Warranty for the Repair/Exchange proccess. You can find the information on the website though Contact Us  or through the Samsung Members app. 

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello!

I would recommend resetting your Galaxy buds you can do so by following these steps.

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had already tried resetting them. It didn't help with the issue I had with the phantom calls hanging on.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.