Original topic:

Galaxy Buds series of products won't connect to the Galaxy Wearables app

(Topic created: 01-12-2021 05:36 PM)
JDID
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I'm having issues connecting the buds to the wearables app.  

The buds will connect to my phone via blue tooth and I'm able to hear music.  The issue is when I open wearables and try to connect to adjust ambient sound, equalizer, etc...it will not show a connected status.  Status remains "Disconnected from earbuds".

I've cleared the cache on my bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled wearbles, and still i have this problem.  

What am I doing wrong or are the parts faulty?

Phone:  Samsung S9+

thanks,

JDID

173 Replies
Melody96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Same here. I have tried everything I could think of. Contacted Samsung text support and they told me to reset the ear buds. I did that and they still do not connect, but they still work
0 Likes
TKissell09
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Can anyone help?
0 Likes
userWSKlaaUINr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

How on earth do to connect Galaxy earbuds live to the wearable app.  Its connected via Bluetooth, but I've tried everything to get it to connect to the app without success.

Galaxy s10

Buds live model sm-r180

SimpleLizard
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Trying to remember from the last time I did this, you have to connect the buds via Bluetooth and then go into the gear wearable app. In the top left corner there are 3 lines. tap that and a menu pops up and near the top there should be a plus sign with "add new device". select that and look for your device in the list. if it is not in the list it might not be supported.
0 Likes
MrGeddinsSr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I can't get the wearable app to connect to my buds + I've tried all the troubleshooting steps and even factory  reset my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Phone with no results. Everything is grayed out. Help Please!! What is the solution to this problem??
0 Likes
betterlate111
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
same here. brand new
0 Likes
userjG4K2BL9PT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same here shows in Bluetooth but not in app deleted and downloaded app no joy

0 Likes
_DJM_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

same here, brand new Buds + connect to Bluetooth but not the Wearable app, tried 3 phones

0 Likes
userktm16FpRXn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Wearables, force stopped, cleared cache, cleared data and restart the phone.

2. Unpaired the Buds+ from the phone.

3. Connected and paired the Buds+ to a different phone.

4. Have paired the Buds+ through the Wearables app only.

5. Fully charged the Buds+.

I can hear audio and use them for calls but all features in the app are unavailable. Clicking "connect' does nothing but cause an orange circle to spin for a few seconds or produce an error message "cannot connect to Galaxy Buds+".

At this price point and with this manufacturer they should just work.

0 Likes
dkmeadows292
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I had same issue o had to reset network settings and totally repair them
0 Likes