cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy buds: Will it explode in my ear?

After 5mins of listening on a normal use routine, the left Earpiece started feeling hot and playing a beeping sound. One of the earbud had a steady temperature rise and started getting so hot that I had to immediately shake it off of my ear. And after putting it back in the case and resetting the buds via the app, the left piece has completely stopped working.

I am saddened to let the community know know that it has barely been a year since the purchase and such dire issues are the last thing to expect on a premium device like the Samsung Galaxy Buds.

I wonder if any such cases of temperature rise have been reported before as it feels dangerous and unsafe to use a product like this. Does it have chances to explode in my ear? Is this a hardware or a software issue? Any fixes?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Galaxy buds: Will it explode in my ear?

I tend to disagree I had one pair of galaxy bugs that I took great care of last me 6 months I had a pair of Amazon renewed headphones last me about 8 months I bought a third pair of Galaxy buds that went out in 5 months I have not had any pair of Galaxy buds last me a yr, nor anyone else I've known. you guys over at samsung must get the cream of the crop then
Highlighted
Constellation

Aboslutely! Although a sad truth, i think this is the way guys at samsung deal with their customers. I have been a loyal customer of the Galaxy Note series since the Note3, and none of the phones lasted me more than 2 years. Also a personal hunch that Samsung pushes faulty updates deliberately, taking 'planned obsolecence' a bit too far. I feel it is finally time to switch to more reliable brands. 

Highlighted
Comet

I wish you the best of luck in whatever route you decide to choose from too hard of a Samsung fan to ever leave them
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@NoteUser_Faz It would be recommended to have the earbuds evaluated by a certified technician. Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.