JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series charging case battery drain even not using buds

(Topic created: 05-23-2020 03:54 AM)
userRAPSmqwTJC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have bought a new pairs of galaxy buds. Actually this is the second time. The first one had this issue so I returned them. Even if I don't use them the case battery pecentage drops from green to yellow then red. I takes 2 days for cases to dead. Please advise me. 

16 Replies
userAs0Sz3yHzl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same problem with my buds +. Just bouth them, updated the firmware and after first night found out case battery is flat after it beeing fully charged before I went to sleep. Almost went and send them back as broken, but fortunately I found this thread.

Firmware fix woud be fabulous.

userIO6b0h3LXQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi, did you solve the issue? im having the same problem with my buds+, just bought them yesterday. Last night the buds were at 93% and the case was 100% but whne i woke up this morning, the buds were charged back to 100% but the case is at 66%.

userAs0Sz3yHzl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

No. It is software or firmware bug. I make sure that I turn ambient sound off before putting buds in case hoping for fix from Samsung.

Also why is this thread marked as solved is stupid. The fact that we know about bug doesnt make it dealth with.

userAs0Sz3yHzl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

It looks like the latest firmware update (R175XXU0ATE3) fixed this problem for me. No more discharging when I leave ambient sound on. They wrote they did something with ambient sound in update description. GJ.

0 Likes
userAPJS5NxUoN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I will try this solution and hopefully my battery drain issue goes away. My left buds is the one getting drained, even while it is in the case. I assume the ambient sound is controlled on my left earbuds hence the drain. Thanks for this! My firmware is ATF2.

0 Likes
Billy_Bones
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Make sure your phone's bluetooth is off. Check your settings for the buds if possible reset them.

0 Likes
user67N8ITyHDQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My earbuds will only charge if the case is plugged up. Once unplugged the casewcase no longer charge. I left the case plugged up with the original charger for hours and the same results. I've had these about 6 months.

0 Likes