Original topic:

Galaxy buds+ disconnect while wearing earmuff style radio headset

(Topic created: 06-22-2022 10:48 PM)
userxkr9NeNZQw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I listen to music through earbuds at work. I am required to wear a radio headset (earmuffs style) and I use a bud on one side to listen to music while I work. I have found that my new set of buds plus disconnect when I put the muff over the bud and put the phone in my pocket. If I pull my phone back out and lift the muff away from my ear, it reconnects. I assume the rf hardware of the headset is interfering with the Bluetooth signal. Is there anything I can do to change this?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Buds
What if you just wear your buds and put your phone in the pocket. Does it still play after 15 minutes or stops playing?

0 Likes
userxkr9NeNZQw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just took my dogs on an hour walk and talked on the phone using these buds with my phone in my pocket the whole time, so that isn't a problem

Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Buds
Have you ever had your phone in the pocket playing music, but without having a conversation? Some users have reported that after screen times off and some amount passes, music stops playing. In other words phone goes to sleep and shuts down the music app.

0 Likes
NomiX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Maybe your buds are touch-sensitive. Possibly, the earmuffs are rubbing against the bud, causing the music to "pause." I use Bose earbuds and I've unintentionally brushed against my buds on numerous occasions. I've accidentally hung up on people during phone calls, paused my movies, skipped over tracks... you name it, I've done it.
0 Likes
userxkr9NeNZQw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I disabled the touch controls first thing. One reason I chose the galaxy series is that it is app controlled and I could disable touch. Thanks for the thought though. I have buds at home that I love but can't use cause of that very reason

NomiX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Maybe your employer knew their employees would attempt to listen to music while working and wearing the earmuff headsets, so they purposely invested in a brand that interferes with the frequency of all earbuds. Just a thought!
0 Likes