cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy buds hurt my ears.

Hey y'all!

So I usually wear my buds with wingtips on. They securely fit the buds into my ears and increase noise isolation. However, after 30 mins or so the buds start to hurt my ears (especially my left ear). I think this is due to the wingtips and I was wondering if I'm not the only one who's experiencing this issue. I'd also love to know any solutions, if any, to this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy buds hurt my ears.

Hi @userzSEg3EI1C3 

Have you tried different size ear tips? Since all of our ears aren't 100% identical on each side, I have experienced this with other wireless headphones, and I just tried different wingtip/ear tip combos until I found the right one that fits. Or just don't use the wingtips at all and see how that works. The buds should still be able to stay in and not fall out.

Hope this little bit of info helps in any way. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am experiencing the same problem, except in my case only my right ear is affected and my left ear is mainly unbothered.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's the same issue for me except my right ear is fine but my left one hurts.

@userKNgGRZe6QB wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem, except in my case only my right ear is affected and my left ear is mainly unbothered.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got them a few days ago and I can only wear them for about ten minutes before my ears hurt really bad. I am wearing them without the wing tips and that hasn't helped at all. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Me too! Let me know if you figure out something. Meanwhile I am trying to get it replaced with a buds live. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the exact same problem, but they will not allow me to return them! Ive literally tried every combination of the the wing tips and the inner part (different ones for each year even, and I even ordered more options from amazon since none of those worked). Right now I have removed the winged tip comepletely and just have the ones without it since this one tends to hurt me the least, but my left one starts hurting immediately then the right one gets sore after about 20 min. If I wear these for more than 30 min my ears will start to bleed from being stretched so I spent a ton of money on these and am literally just using the wired pair that came with my S20+ phone bc those ones do not hurt me at all regardless of how long I wear them. Super disapointing. I ordered these through amazon, but I am wondering if I can return them through Samsung bc if not then I am just going to give them to my fiance - they are seriously Miserable and the most uncomfortable pair of ear buds ive ever worn.

I wish I could tell you more about the sound and call quality and all that, but unfortunately I cant bear having these in long enough and when they are in I am just focused on the immense pain from stretching out the insides of my ears - what the heck Samsung what a bummer!

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunately live buds hurt my ears too.   I hope somebody will come up with solution, I really love them otherwise.   I had no issues with buds+

Highlighted
Astronaut

Me too!! Theyre way too big for my ears, i wish theyd sell smaller buds for people with smaller ears, ive had issues with every wireless ear pods!