JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds microphone for 3rd party apps?

(Topic created: 03-16-2019 02:58 AM)
user9K7JqkDZBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a problem with the buds 

The microphone only works with the phone calls 

If I use snapchat or WhatsApp or play pubg the phone microphone working note the buds

How to fix it?💔

33 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you made sure that those applications have permission to record sounds using the microphone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Saher_O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm facing the same problem, whereas the mic in the buds doesn't work on the very own voice recorder of Samsung phones, and also doesnt work for bixby voice wake up, it only works when I use the touchpad on the buds.

Overall the galaxy buds are great, but issues should be solved by an update, because they're really silly and simple, otherwise these problems are such a shame.

In a nutshell, I think the galaxy buds should have the full permission to work instead of the Samsung's phones internal mic when connected.

Solution
Youngela
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

You gotta give apps permission to use the sound

user9K7JqkDZBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I did but not working 

How to fix this I regret buying it 💔

userz4Izx9fxI4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Be specific... what apps? What permissions? Because so far, your answer is not working at all .. 3 months later and everyone is having the same problem.. please provide a real solution with clear steps

userX9ucK3G32Y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

This solution does not work

Galaxy buds microfone does not work while playing PUBG!! 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userX9ucK3G32Y Have you tried resetting your galaxy buds?

0 Likes
Saher_O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm facing the same problem, whereas the mic in the buds doesn't work on the very own voice recorder of Samsung phones, and also doesnt work for bixby voice wake up, it only works when I use the touchpad on the buds.

Overall the galaxy buds are great, but issues should be solved by an update, because they're really silly and simple, otherwise these problems are such a shame.

In a nutshell, I think the galaxy buds should have the full permission to work instead of the Samsung's phones internal mic when connected.

user9K7JqkDZBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

@Saher_O 

If you fix it tell me 

0 Likes