JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds microphone for 3rd party apps?

(Topic created: 03-15-2019 10:37 AM)
user9K7JqkDZBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a problem with the buds 

The microphone only works with the phone calls 

If I use snapchat or WhatsApp or play pubg the phone microphone working note the buds

How to fix it?šŸ’”

JUMP TO SOLUTION
33 Replies
userTZBJzdmprd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue. I think it is using the phone's microphone instead of those on the buds. It is bizare that this remains an issue. If this isn't fixed soon I'll send it back to the store, this is clearly not working as intended.

user43F8nE3VzV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

First let me just say that even though i my mic wasn't working, only 1 mic out of the 2 earbuds work now and I'm like 99% sure both are suppose to work.  With that being said, this is what i did to make 1 earbud work. 

So i personally prefer to only have my left earbud on when I'm in meetings and basically anything besides running.  When running,  i keep both on. My left earbud mic wasn't working and i didn't think to test the right one but whatever.  

What I Did: Basically i uninstalled both the wearable and buds plus apps and i also unpaired the buds from my phone.  Actually i unpaired everything but i suspect that part didn't play a part in fixing 1 earbud. After doing this i took the earbuds out the case and put both on. When you pair them as if it's the first time pairing them,  the wearable and buds plus apps will pop up and begin installing on their own.  Basically from here you just do what you do normally,  check for updates,  etc. After that,  without having changed any settings,  i made a call and suddenly the other person could hear me. Not saying this will help everyone but it literally fixed a 2 day long problem for me and so i figured I'd share it here since i originally looked here to find a solution.  Good luck! 

P.S. I lied,  there was a point where i tried calling with both buds and it didn't work and that's how i now know that i actually fixed 1 earbud. I'm still taking them back... 

0 Likes
useriIEJ1H8zwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

For God sake, SAMSUNG have to fix this issue, i swear if i knew this i didn't bought them from the first place, and the promised update from samsung still not published

userNZNsQQecAz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Am having issue too with the Live Buds' (SM-R180) microphone in Windows 10 and phone too. It's not picking up any voice recordings and I had the same issue with 4 other PCs and laptops.... Is it the buds firmware or windows drivers issue? Either way, Samsung please get it fixed...  

0 Likes