cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob123
Constellation

Galaxy buds phone audio and ambient sound DOA

I purchased the Galaxy Buds a couple of weeks ago.  I have been using the IconX for a few years and still have them.  There is a clear problem with the Galaxy Buds in 2 areas - use on phone calls and ambient sound.  The IconX work flawlessly on phone calls and the ambient sound setting on them is distinct.  On the buds, nobody can hear me talking on a phone call and the ambient sound does nothing (yes-this is when both ear buds are in and ambient sound is turned on).  To me this indicates one of two things -

(a) faulty external microphone, but this is likely not the problem because neither earbud works for call audio or ambient sound, or

(b) faulty software.

As a result of this, the Galaxy Buds are essentially useless to me.  I know that there are many posts with similar issues.  Has there been any fix for this that actually works?  I've tried resetting (multiple times), updating the firmware and pretty much everything else that is posted out there.  

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy buds phone audio and ambient sound DOA

Thanks for reaching out.

I will gladly look into this for you.

Can you send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number from the bottom of the charging cradle? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

user4NAKBjqqT9
Constellation

I am having the same problem with my 3 week old Galaxy buds. Are you able to help me as well? Did you actually fix the user's problem?

The information on the bottom of the cradle is almost unreadable--the font is very small and slightly worn.

Thanks,

Samsung_v3FMBMO
Astronaut

Mine as well are the same way

sebastian05000
Cosmic Ray

Well for calls when you are on a place where there is a lot of noise yeah no one can hear you i have the same issue as well

Bob123
Constellation

I had purchased these at a Samsung store, so I took them in to exchange them.  After telling me that I was 1 day over the reture/exchange deadline (apparently its only 2 weeks at the Samsung Store), they 'did me a favour' and exchanged them.  The call audio now seems to be working.  The ambient sound feature also sort of works, but it is nowhere near as good axs it was on the IconX buds.  A coouple of lessons learned on this:

1. Samsung is losing their edge.  Quality control is poor (this was a hardware issue) and even when working, this product seems to be going in the wrong direction.  I purchased as an upgrade to my IconX and actually got a downgrade.

2. Never shop at the Samsung Store.  Go to Best Buy or some other retailer that has a fair exchange/refund policy.