Original topic:

Galaxy buds pro causing an ear infection

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 06:47 AM)
MorganDC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Went to urgent care today to confirm what I had already suspected, an ear infection related to my galaxy buds pro. I purchased the galaxy buds pro earlier this year and I would intermittently develop irritation including itching, scabbing and draining fluid. I have been following similar reports online through the samsung community and reddit and have seen many others that have come forward with the same issues. Despite thoroughly cleaning my buds and giving my ears time to heal, I have gone on to develop a severe earache in my right ear. The right side of my face and lymph nodes are swollen, I've been running fevers and experiencing severe pain.  A heating pad and Tylenol have been my best friend for the last 3 days. I am also a registered nurse and I will now be missing a day of work because of the severity of the pain. I was prescribed both an oral and an otic antibiotic today so fingers crossed I start to get some relief. I want to know what is being done on Samsung's part to correct the issue. I know I personally am looking to return my earbuds and that I will not be using earbuds such as the galaxy buds pro ever again. All that being said, I do identify myself as a dedicated android/Samsung user and have loved many of their products so I am just disappointed that I am experiencing this. 

13 Replies
thetireguy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you for the heads up. I'm prone to getting ear infections and such and those where going to be my next purchase. Hope you get feeling better soon
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello @MorganDC, I understand how concerning this is. I would like to get this over to our specialty team so they may look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good morning! I just wanted to check in to see if you are still in need of assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MorganDC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Just messaged you
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

@MorganDC Thank you! We received your private message and followed up with you there.

0 Likes
JYKLOZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Make sure that you take photo of your infected ears and keep the doctor visit summary, because they asked me to send those information. Then I was only offered half amount for a refund. It's ridiculous. This is a known issue globally, and Samsung announced last May that they would give a full refund plus treatment cost, but my claim representative is only offering half of the cost as a refund.
user74AYjZm1Po
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, I'm also experiencing severe ear infections.  Why isn't there a recall? These infections are very painful and I'd expect better from Samsung as a dedicated Samsung user.  Can you advise if we can return these, they are causing health concerns.  Or do we need to go public? Erminia. 

krisbixy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Keep extra clean, clean with alcohol wipe
0 Likes
user74AYjZm1Po
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

an ear infection that happens often because of ear buds does NOT get solved by cleaning.  A doctor will tell you this.  This is NOT a solution to a health issue with a product.