Original topic:

Galaxy buds pro muting

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 08:14 AM)
FLRob
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Why did Samsung get rid of the call mute feature on the Galaxy Buds Pro?
9 Replies
TheThompson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

No one seems to know. Not even support.

Would be fine if they just said you can no longer mute the microphones, but cant get a straight answer.

nlvr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is ridiculous. This must be the most used feature by everyone who use it for regular calls. There is no sense on why it is removed. Care to explain?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Give this a try: To turn off the microphone, tap and hold the touchpad during a call so the other party cannot hear you. This will mute the call, and nothing will be displayed on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078137/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
FLRob
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Doesn't work on the latest model.
0 Likes
nlvr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I feel for the Samsung support. They don't even have a clue that it doesn't work. I had chat/call with multiple people from the support and almost everyone points to this article or this.. But it DOESN'T WORK. And no one from support seems to know that.

user87V0Idipei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Samsung support team doesn't know anything. I contacted them and they provided same link to me. When I told them this solution is not working. Executive asked me to reset buds and check. So I did.

Then also issue not resolved, then they transferred me to next level, I was in queue for 20 mins but no response.

Anybody knows, how to contact developers  who can understand the issue and provide the solution or implement as new feature?

userosxw7MU1JO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Fully agree.

Samsung has removed the mute mic option for some reason - really don't get it: it's really needed, especially in a time of working from home, where you need to easily mute/unmute from the buds.

0 Likes
userosxw7MU1JO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Does anyone know if this Mute function has been added back?

0 Likes
userQsFLQrr123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

The user manual states the a touch and hold while on a call will mute the mic but that did not work for me.  Maybe development and support need to RTFM so they know what they are developing.  Here is the link and it is a samsung site  https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202102/20210205043252788/WEA_SM-R190_Buds_Pro_EN_UM_01...