JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 11-06-2020 05:25 PM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

1,416 Replies
the_baker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yes, this was the first thing I started with.

0 Likes
userM2KXfdZsBv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Anyone know if there is any update on this issue? Any solution?

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

No fix. The latest firmware made an improvement. Still not good enough to use for work calls from my Windows PC.

0 Likes
user8jOCjInkCM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same here, very low mic on my x1, 

My Jabra works great, but not the Buds live

0 Likes
user2TpN0NHJoe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same here!
It's very sporadic though, and theres no real understanding on why it's quiet. My colleagues always are telling me that I soiund like I'm at the end of a tunnel!

Also, the "live" function, I never hear anything being played back into my ears, like someone talking to me. Only cars or something driving passed my window - or paper ripping, that was so annoying.

Please Samsung :'( fix these

0 Likes
gtCanada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Note even Windows says the mic volume is ~6%.

Going into Windows 10 Settings -> Sound. Scroll down to Input and make sure "Headset Galaxy Buds Live" is selected. Under there click "Device properties and test microphone". Test your mic, note the percentage volume it tells you is ~6% (unusably low).
Screenshot 2020-10-21 104252.png

Side subject: Anyone thinking Airpods Pro are any better, I have them too, they work in Windows but get "driver errors" every other day and you have to reset them that takes a few minutes (reset, re-pair, etc, plus when you find out they've gone wrong again is usually when you are using them!!!). Yay technology!

Also: Airpods pro mic volume is fine though. And I also have Steelseries Arctis 3 bluetooth (2 years old now?) which work fine. So I don't think this is a Windows problem, more Samsung.

user4hMmgh3MPy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Ditto!

On my mobile phone the Bud's mic is loud.

On my Dell Latitude Windows 10 it is quiet even with the level driven up to 100.

Both the Buds and Windows run on latest firmware/patches/drivers.

0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Between this forum and a similar thread on Reddit, this is the experience for EVERY user that has tested it. So far Samsung has not fixed this in several months of it being reported.

0 Likes
whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

@SamsungJustin   any update on this?  It has been quite a while, and there's been firmware updates.  Seems like a lot of folks are having this issue, but we've heard nothing from Samsung.

thanks -

the_baker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Nothing from Samsung. Not even a response that they'll look into it.... Long time Samsung user, but lately I am getting more and more disappointed.