JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 11-25-2020 10:58 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

1,416 Replies
whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

that's what's odd - right after I first reported it, @SamsungJustin asked for more information, so I thought they were interested in fixing it.  However, since then - only silence.  Really disappointing.

0 Likes
prstrindade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello! I think it is a bug that just only correctable by a update...

Try this workaround when you use connected to Windows 10 PC:

1 - Use only one side of Buds Live, leave the other side on the closed case;

2 - Connect it to a Windows 10 PC and start the zoom meet (for example);

3 - Go to audio test;

4 - In microphone test, you will listening to a low volume but with a good quality focous on a mid and low frequencies;

5 - put it out of the ear;

6 - wait for 10 minutes;

7 - put it on ear;

8 - Test de microphone again: you will listening a very high volume, but sound focus only in mid frequencies;

I want to communicate it to a developers, I try did it via Samsung Support in Brazil, but it was not possible, they dont have a way to do that.

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

That did not work for me. It's possible that after 10 minutes the bud auto shutdown and after putting it back in your ear the default recording device had reset to the built in microphone on your computer.

0 Likes
prstrindade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Sorry, I meant "wait for 10 secounds"...

0 Likes
userj5rEWmAplP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi prstrindade,

Your workaround did really work!!!!!

For my case, I firstly connected earbuds to my Acer Window 10 > Open MS Teams > Make a Test Call : The Voice Mic input result is extremely Low.

Then, I put my left earbud (only one side) into the case and close the case. Now, Repeat a Test Call via MS Team. The voulme's now work!!!

(I also test with "Set up Microphone" via Window Speech Regcognition, now PC can detect my voice through Galaxby Buds Headsets)

Next Steps, I tried to open and put my left earbud back. Then, Bug again!! the Mic Volume's instantly low.

So, it's obviously a stupid Bug. Hope Samsung need to fix this soon during a long WFH period. 

By the way, for those who might want to test other Bluetooth/Device Headset issue > You may go to Run > type "mmsys.cpl" and check on Recording tab there. 

Best Regards,
Roong

gtCanada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

@SamsungJustin - can you post an update please. It is 2 months now and your top unsolved issue .

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is still an issue. The Galaxy Buds Live are not acceptible to make calls on Windows computers because of the low volume.

userofJZqoNagv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same thing here with Galaxy Buds+. Useless on Windows 10, volume in extremely low. Works fine on phone, but these are not worth the price if they aren't going to work on a Windows 10 device.

Felipe_ff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Decided to buy a different samsung earbuds, the galaxy buds+ and I have the same problem, gonna have to return yet again...

Samsung should clearly communicate that their earbuds do not work well on windows, I'm very upset.

whereupon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

So...pretty sad that @SamsungJustin has abandoned us, but I did learn something today.  I sprung for a Jabra Link 370, which is just the Jabra dongle...it provides an independent Bluetooth radio/driver, completely separate from what is built in to your computer.  Plugged it in, linked my Galaxy Buds Live and...they work beautifully!  Microphone volume is great.

I'm assuming that the Jabra's drivers are simply better than whatever Samsung uses as default.

Annoying that I had to spend the extra $80 to get Samsung's earbuds to work as advertised, but there you go.