JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 08:58 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,416 Replies
RPK257
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I was having the same issue and I think I found the solution.  In the phone app, I had the "Active noise cancelling" setting turned on and when testing on my laptop, the volume only went up to 2 for the microphone.  After turning off the Active noise cancelling setting, the volume test went up to 100.  This seems to have fixed the issue.

MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just updated to the latest firmware this morning and checked the mic volume. It's still a little low, but drastically better than before.

I have recordings I made by setting the headset mic as the default recording device made with the previous firmware and the newest firmware. I can tell a big difference. 

I also have recordings using other headsets. The mic volume on the buds live is not quite as high as other headsets, but there is a significant improvement.

0 Likes
thiagopikcius
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

@MaplewoodGeek What do you mean by latest firmware? Is it something on Windows 10 on your computer? Or an Earbuds software update from the Galaxy Wearable app? There's no new update for me 😕
0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Earbuds update from the Galaxy Wearable app. I connect them to my phone at least once a week to check for updates.

0 Likes
userzQrlDDTKx1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have updated too, it's a tiny bit better I agree but people on calls still couldn't hear me, so still not good enough for using on zoom calls, etc

0 Likes
userqpAPFKv6le
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Me too.... Low Mic Volume on Windows 10

Any update from Samsung? I hope Samsung give us some "exe" file so that we just clicked that and it installs update drivers to up the mic volume.

0 Likes
Deppazzapped
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same problem here and I just updated firmware yesterday. Mic volume way too low for meetings.

My three year old Sensor $40 earbuds don't have this issue. I may have to return these too. Just got them last week. Too bad, they were almost perfect.

0 Likes
the_baker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same here! Seems it works well with Android (Samsung) and even iOS (iPad), but Windows 10 where I do most of my MS Teams meetings is terrible. The other thing I am missing is the tap and hold mute mic function.

0 Likes
MaplewoodGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did you set the mic volume to the max in Windows? Go into Sound settings, then find the link for the Sound Control Panel under Related Settings. From the Sound Control Panel, select the Recording tab. Set the Galaxy Buds Live (4C77) Hands-Free AG Audio as the Default or Default Communication Device. Select it and click the Properties button. Then go to the Levels tab. From the Levels tab, make sure the volume is set to the max (100). The default volume when you pair it is less than 100.

The mic level will still be lower than most headsets, but it will be far better then the original firmware and when the volume was set to the default.

If you set the Galaxy Buds Live (4C77) Hands-Free AG Audio as the default recording device, you can record your own voice with the Windows 10 Voice Recorder app. Do the same with other devices and play them back to compare how you sound. That way you don't have to rely on what other people say. You can hear the difference for yourself.

0 Likes
userzQrlDDTKx1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yeah I've done all those steps and done recordings too and you can definitely hear an improvement but its not enough to use these as daily drivers for zoom calls. The difference between the buds and wired headphones is night and day

0 Likes