JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 08:58 AM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,416 Replies
userTgXwnD34zs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am SOOOO glad I found this forum.  I am on my FOURTH set of earbuds.  With the first pair the right bud went out and with the next 2 pairs, it was the left.  This happened within 2 weeks of wearing each pair.  I sent the first 3 pairs back to Samsung (I bought off Samsung.com) and when it happened to the fourth pair I said I am going to try to take the screen off and remove the "white" film and see if that works.  If it didn't I was going to pitch them.

Low and behold it worked!  The sound is much better now as well because there isn't a sticky white "thing" behind the screen.  I am not going to do the same thing to the right earbud unless that one goes out as well.  It may void the warranty, but if they don't work what good does a warranty do.  I mean come on, I have had 4 pairs in 2 months!  Don't get me wrong I LOVE them...I was going to be sad if I couldn't use them.  

0 Likes
userBySOShu6O8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Im having the same issue with the right one and there is no sound unless i use the find my gear function and i have replaced the mesh cover so i would guess as everything but playing music/audio works. So i would imagine this is a software or bluetooth band width issue.

0 Likes
LARRY BYRD10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi everyone,

Like everyone here, I was having the same issue with my iconx.  I pulled off the black screen like everyone suggested, somehow I did my differently because underneath the black screen was a thin white film between the black screen and the earbud bud.  I took that off completely and replace the thin black screen. Here are the steps I took along with a pic of the piece I'm referring to.

1. removed thin black screen ( I used a letter opener to remove mine)

2. removed thin white paper or film (not sure what it is)

3. cleaned excess glue from earbud

4. re-apply black screen only

It really works I was skeptical.  Now I wonder will I have to do the same to my right ear anytime soon?

Can't add pic, it is too big..lol and I took it with my note8

userFz2Yq8XgB7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Does that remove the water resistant quality?

0 Likes
LARRY BYRD10
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My guess would be "yes".  it's either that or wait 4 weeks for Samsung to replace them. only to have them do it again.

0 Likes
useriCbxOWFFTg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

just got it today at good price...had same issue with left bud where volume was super low...used tweezer to remove black screen & glue...then removed white paper...then put glue & black screen back...left bud sound back to normal...wonder why only left & not right...super weird but it works...

0 Likes
Kreliss
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Would this remove warranty? If yes, why do Samsung Moderators advise this method?

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Buds

Moderators try to never suggest something that would void out your warranty, in fact we encourage against things that would. Cleaning the earbuds isn't going to void your warranty.  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Botsok
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I bought mine today, actually I am using it for about an hour now and the left buds keeps on dropping randomly...

Like a screeching sound for about 1 to 3 secs. then it will continue to play the music I am listening to...

I guess I am going to return this to Samsung store where I bought it... So pissed that I've been thinking of buying this since December and now I got an issue after finally getting one....
0 Likes
usercDV6kmb0zs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the similar issue. Have you replaced it? Or are you still having the issue. Should I take mine to Samsung Store too?

0 Likes