JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 07:12 AM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

I would call Samsung Customer service to check to see if i have warranty . If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions.

0 Likes
userYD31ZEiEWv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

my left bud won't charge 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

I can understand wanting to make sure your Galaxy buds charge. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? I would recommend checking the contacts on the buds and the cradle to make sure they are clean to assure a proper connection. You can view some great cleaning info from this link. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-r170-galaxy-buds-clean-the-earbuds/

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring. It sounds like a hardware issue.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They will send you an exchanged new pair once this whole process is completed, as long as the device is still in warranty and has no physical/liquid damage. Everything will be explained in the phone call once you call the call center.

0 Likes
usergeeP4ufwlq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, I have a pair of galaxy buds and they both worked just fine until the other day i open my buds case to only find that my right earbud is dead. It wont hold a charge or anything... please help if you can. I have tried every tip i can find and none have worked.

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring. It sounds like a hardware issue.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. If it has been more than a year, there may be an out of warranty charge and this will all be explained in the phone call.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions

user8tEmNXXBHz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

About two days ago, I had used my earbuds until they ran out of battery and left them in the case since. The following day I took them out to use but noticed that the left earbud wasn't charged at all, even though the case's charging light turned on. Whenever I take out the left earbud and leave the fully-charged right earbud in the case, the charging light turns green while whenever I leave only the left earbud in, the charging light turns red as if it was charging the earbud- however the left earbud appears to not charge at all and fails to connect to any device.

I've tried resetting the earbuds while they were connected to my phone but nothing seems to have changed with the left earbud- it still remains dead and the mobile app says that the left earbud is disconnected. Unfortunately, I can't even update the earbuds' software version (R170XXU0ATA2) because that requires having both of them connected.

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They will send you an exchanged new pair once this whole process is completed, as long as the device is still in warranty and has no physical/liquid damage. Everything will be explained in the phone call once you call the call center.

0 Likes