cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear Icon X Volume has become very low

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been using the Gear Icon X earbuds for the last couple of months sparingly. The volume on the right earbud has decrease so much that it is probably at around 10% from the levels when I bought it. The left is fine, but the right is basically useable. 

Any Help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Gear Icon X Volume has become very low

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning it works. Take the rubber ear bud off, use a pin to remove the black mesh, use a pin to remove the white filter, clean both in water (water filled bottle cap), tap dry on clean cloth (not tissue which sticks to the filter) then replace. This works for me, at least for now

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @userwoL385OETj

I would suggest resetting the IconX if you haven't already. If you have, and it didn't help, let us know what else you've tried and the Community will hopefully have some ideas.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I attempted two resets on the earbuds, and still have issues with the volume. Even at full volume, almost nothing can be heard from the right ear bud.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you swap which earbud is the main one, does that help? 

If the Community has any other ideas, hopefully they'll chip in shortly. If nothing else works, you may need to contact Samsung directly for a repair/exchange on those.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem with my right earbud from 1 of my 2 pairs and the only thing that seems to work for me where the sound immediately improves, is by buying a package of those wipes, preferably sold for electronic devices strictly, and cleaning inside and around the bud, atop the speaker repeatedly until no visible residue remains, then use same wipe few minutes later when its dry over the earbud and that should make a difference regarding its volume..? 

David Martin Graff
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset the icon x but still nothing happened. It takes only 3 months to get this problem!! What i have to do?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem was inserting to far into ear and little mess screen must have gotten dirty. I've since used alcohol took rubber tips off and removed screens. Cleaned them both put it back together and volume is back to normal.  

Now when I use them I make sure to insert them gently into air canal they fit comfortably and volume is excellent

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When are they gonna fix the problem or give me my money back for faulty equipment.  This ridiculous. I'm on my 3 pair! I sent 2 pairs back already...what a waste of time and money.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are a lifesaver! I was ready to buy new ones becuase mine had this issue almost a year after I bought them (so the warranty was up). This method worked and the left earbud is back to the normal volume and matches the right now. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used an alcohol swab and cleaned the ear bud. Take the rubber off the ear bud. There is a screen in the hole. Clean that. My screen came out. So I cleaned it thoroughly. Put the screen back in and put the rubber piece back on. It works just like before. I have the 2018 icon earbuds. I hope this works for you as well as it did for me.