Original topic:

Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

(Topic created: 02-26-2018 12:52 PM)
Johnny007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi team,

I was using my Gear IconX 2018 on a walk today and after about 5 minutes of walking and listening to music, there was a beeping sound in the left ear piece that went off every 4-10 seconds. It would be different everytime. I touched the ear piece to pause the music and the beeping continued after the music was paused. After standing still for another 40 seconds, the beeping stopped. Then I played my music again and continued to walk, and after 1 minute the beeping started again.

This is very frustrating and I haven't experienced this when I have been sitting at my desk or in bed listening to the ear piceces for hours. Maybe it has something to do with walking/working out while they are being used? Nevertheless, I dislike this very much and hopefully there is a solution. 

Thanks

175 Replies
user00VTjJvI5k
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm having the same issue, but it is only on the left earbud

0 Likes
user5DeVNO73JD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

It happens go me all the time when I move, and it only happens on the left earpiece.

0 Likes
userOcijdPyx4U
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm having the same issue. Any solutions?

0 Likes
SamsungCourt
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there @userOcijdPyx4U Would you mind answering a few questions for me:

Is this happening in both ear pieces? Have you had a moment to check for debris or blockage on the ear buds? Lastly, is the Gear Manager and the device up to date?

0 Likes
userDwo2iTkehD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Both earpieces, software updated, happens only outside, sun exposure maybe? 

0 Likes
userfd8A5Nmp6B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This issue happens to me everyday but from what I gathered it has to do with the heart rate sensor. If it detects it's too hot environment along side body it the ear buds beep then shut off if they don't cool down or are removed from your ear for a minute or so. Haven't been able to find a way to remove that feature if it is a feature.

userxwEjNx6WRq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Im havinv the same issue. Right ear only.

Ongoing issues with iconx:
1) left ear much quieter than right.
Its not dirty or clogged. Reset already performed.

2) ringing in right ear.
Fully seated. Touch sensor not dirty of touching anything. Occurs when moving.

These are going in trash.
0 Likes
userzMuYuWUMW7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This happens to me everytime the earbud isn't super locked into my ear or i bend over and change the angle of my head.  Basically when there's a lot of movement in the actual bud I get a beep.  It's beyond annoying

0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

And when this beeping occurs, are you using them as a stand alone device, playing music from the headphones themselves, or are you using them paired to a phone or music player?

0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userzMuYuWUMW7

Hello again, I just thought that I would check in with you. Would you still like assistance?

0 Likes