Original topic:

Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

(Topic created: 03-25-2018 11:56 PM)
Johnny007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi team,

I was using my Gear IconX 2018 on a walk today and after about 5 minutes of walking and listening to music, there was a beeping sound in the left ear piece that went off every 4-10 seconds. It would be different everytime. I touched the ear piece to pause the music and the beeping continued after the music was paused. After standing still for another 40 seconds, the beeping stopped. Then I played my music again and continued to walk, and after 1 minute the beeping started again.

This is very frustrating and I haven't experienced this when I have been sitting at my desk or in bed listening to the ear piceces for hours. Maybe it has something to do with walking/working out while they are being used? Nevertheless, I dislike this very much and hopefully there is a solution. 

Thanks

175 Replies
userElGrba8Afz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Hi
I also have the same problem and yes very annoying
0 Likes
SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userElGrba8Afz

Do you know if the beeping noise is caused by any particular application, or notification?

0 Likes
userElGrba8Afz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good news! 

I found out. First of all "beep" is not the right word to describe that sound. It is more like a disconnection or unsuccesfull connection "notification" sound. This sound can be eliminated when the earplugs perfectly "plug" in your ears. If they are or one of them is loosely placed in your ear it keeps on making that annoying sound and might even stop playing the media. My suggestion is try all the alternatives that come in the box. My ear is very very small and even I found my right combination and now the earplugs fit perfectly in my ears. No more sound. Finally:)

SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userElGrba8Afz

Well I am happy that you were able to resolve that concern. You have w wonderful rest of your day!

0 Likes
LadyBug679
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I hope this (fitting properly) is my problem. I just got them on Friday, and only really wore them for the first time today. I was walking from my car to the office and they kept doing the "dinging" and my audio would keep stopping (and when it was working, the sound seemed to keep bouncing from one earbud to the other). I'm still not 100% sure on how to get them to fit the best, but at least I can play around with them when I get home and try!

0 Likes
userWOjIQxyU7z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Had the same issue, it was driving me crazy till i read ur post,  Problem solve

0 Likes
EMINENT1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

First time using my 2018 Icon x. In the sauna after 5-10 minutes. Started getting a beeping in right ear. Then started happening in left.

These are too sensitive. My Bragi Headphones worked fine in the sauna for 20-30+ minutes without issue.

This needs to be removed in an update. Super annoying. Trying to relax and get beeping with a little heat.

0 Likes
tantelmi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello- I'm having the same issue. Whether I'm in direct sunlight or in the sauna, both earbuds beap and the unit shuts down shortly after. 

My first generation iconx works fine in the heat. Unfortunately only one earbud works 1 year out of warranty...

This is definitely an overheating issue not the position of the bud in your ear.

Cheers!

0 Likes
user9vFe0iUfeL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I get the beeping also happening only in my left ear while I am hitting golf balls. It is as the headphones got disconnected and then got connected. It didn't happen before but now it is happening every 5-10 seconds. 

0 Likes
userjxImxEIfh1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am having the same problem. Definitely the proximity sensor because I can adjust them and it reconnects until I start moving again. Tried all the ear gels and fins, no luck. I want to throw these in the trash. Proximity sensors are junk!

0 Likes