Original topic:

Gear IconX 2018 Beeping in one ear

(Topic created: 01-18-2018 05:47 PM)
Johnny007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi team,

I was using my Gear IconX 2018 on a walk today and after about 5 minutes of walking and listening to music, there was a beeping sound in the left ear piece that went off every 4-10 seconds. It would be different everytime. I touched the ear piece to pause the music and the beeping continued after the music was paused. After standing still for another 40 seconds, the beeping stopped. Then I played my music again and continued to walk, and after 1 minute the beeping started again.

This is very frustrating and I haven't experienced this when I have been sitting at my desk or in bed listening to the ear piceces for hours. Maybe it has something to do with walking/working out while they are being used? Nevertheless, I dislike this very much and hopefully there is a solution. 

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
175 Replies
userSWBQWR9JKT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

My left one is making some sound for every 3-5 seconds. It’s disturbing a lot. Does anyone have any solution 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you tried cleaning the earbuds?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userX7Xf5c2vm2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Also having similiar problems. Have tried every troubleshooting page. My one ear Bud's proximity sensor is not functional just like everyone else in this thread.

Please help us all find a real solution @SamsungJace 

0 Likes
ChuckT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

OK, I'm late to this game but i recently started using my IconX 2018 earbuds again. After pairing them with the phone, the Samsung Gear app updated and now when I'm walking my dog (in the dark after 8 because of the pandemic) I am getting this beeping in the left ear. I had stopped using them when my phone (a Galaxy S7) and watch (an S3 Frontier) seemed to be fighting over what device to connect to, so I switched to wired earbuds (how retro). The recent updates to the Samsung ecosystem seemed to have made it possible to use them together but the Gear app seems to have changed the firmware on the earbuds which has the left one beeping, even in the dark. My wife has been trying to get me to switch to Apple but I like my Phone, Watch and S6 tablet, so why change everything because of earbuds? I saw in the replies that the newer buds also have this problem, so what's the solution? Thanks!

0 Likes
userD98yF1DGW4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Reading up on this thread it seems like Samsung is neglecting this issue and not resolving it. I got my galaxy buds new 3 weeks ago. 1.5 weeks ago the problem started happening in my left ear bud while im walking to work in the morning. When I sit down on the train it stops. I assume its definitely sensor related as everyone else stated in this thread. Called Samsung today and ordered a replacement under warranty. Have to send mine back first though so i'll be without them for about 2-3 weeks I suspect.
0 Likes
Nawannabe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

i think its a design problem with the iconx. Apparently i also have messed up ears. 

after using this product i have come to the conclusion the left ear is not "normal" because the proximity sensor keeps beeping at me. i wish the proximity sensors were adjustable so it would work better or even an ablity to disable the proximity sensor so you could use it like reguar earbuds without them beeping at you all the time. most likely though samsung most likely will no do an update like this for a long long time.