cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with my fresh IconX pair. After about 20 minutes, the right earbud drops to a volume to a point where it is not worthwile to keep listening. The fix that worked so far is putting them back in the charger. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just started having this same problem! Left earbud began losing all sound (as if disconnecting) then today the sound is significantly less than in the right bud. This is sad because up until now I loved these...guess I'll have to play the support/exchange game like everyone else.

Come on Samsung.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a Software issue. I have two sets of earbuds (a $40.00 pair of Soundmoove wireless buds plus the Icon X 2018 buds) and they both had the audio balance issue. Both buds were replaced and both the replacement experienced the issue right after (i.e. in minutes) of being replaced. 

The problem persisted until I decided to play around with the EQ settings in the Gear Manager app. I put everything to default and, and adjusted the volume to its lowest setting and then up to a louder setting. Doing this resolved my issue on both headsets. 

I was able to recreate the issue by adjusting the volume from the app and the adjusting the volume from the phones volume rockers. It does not happen all the time, but some times, if you adjust from the app and then adjust from the phone one of the headsets gets stuck in a lower volume state. I think this is either due to multiple EQ apps present on the phone, or a syncing issue between the speakers. Of course, this issue happens on wired headsets too so I lean towards the first scenario more. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue ever since purchase 

In guessing it's a feature not a bug? Lol the left ear bud always struggles, it often disconnects for no reason :-/ it sounds as if they were rushed out of development far too soon as numerous articles and forums state the same issues 

Biggest problem is that the battery craps out quickly 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have recently started to believe this is a software problem. The volume only seems to drop on the earbud that I am excessively using for volume up/down and song skipping. I will try to confirm during my next few commutes.

I have already uninstalled the Samsung Gear app to rule that out as the cause.

Usually, when running into work, I do all my music controls on the left earbud. And I often found the volume decline there over the course of 30mins of running.

So, this morning I did all my music controls with the right earbud. And I did find the volume drop on the right one this time.

Very weird! I don't understand why the earbud would drop in volume while I'm just performing standard music control actions.

I will try to reach out to Samsung support about it, too. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never really reply to threads, but I thought I would throw this out there.

Ive had mine a week and my right ear went extremely quiet. I reset, I left battery to run dead then recharged. I looked for left, right balance with no luck.

I came across the thread relating to a water / splash proof seal where people are removing them. I am not one to void my warrenty.

But this seal got me thinking. I like my BASS. So when I put my ear buds in they have to besecure and sealed. To a point where I wondered if I created a vacum seal and moved the seal inside the bud of my right ear.

So i removed the rubber that goes in my ear basically the replaceable bud that comes in three sizes when you buy them. Placed the speaker side in my mouth and gently blew air in and sucked out (be gentle) and I felt like something moved. I then put them back in my ears. Now my right ear is running around 95% to my left.

I still might get them exchanged under warrenty but for now they are bearable.

Not sure if this will help anyone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My gear iconx 2018 have the same issue, but resetting it by pressing reset button below the wing tip solved it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where exactly

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the idea. It works for my iconX after reset.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Return them to the store. Samsung is not fixing this.