cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

dude... have you even read this thread? It's clearly not a software issue. It's very much a hardware issue. just friggin poke a tiny hole in the white film and make sure the mesh is clean. I  used a tiny bit of super glue to make sure the black mesh is secured back to it and all is good... just read before you say something dumb like that...

ps. i was just as p1ssed and said something similar earlier in the thread (way earlier)... but that was before we figured out the fix... cleaning kit or not... all you need is a needle

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So tell me something, even when I just purchased these earbuds (2 days ago) and there is NO visible dirt, do I still need to clean them?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqkLqGB9siL wrote:
So tell me something, even when I just purchased these earbuds (2 days ago) and there is NO visible dirt, do I still need to clean them?

It's not dirt... It's oil... it's definately a flaw in the design, but trust me, that white film is porous and will absorb oils from your ears within hours or even minutes... Just try it... Poke a tiny hole and tell me the volume is still low. I did it once about 9 months ago after exchanging my headset 8 times. And I haven't had a volume issue since 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me poking holes or removing membranes is not a solution! Why including those in the first place. It is definitely a software issue. Switching from my Samsung S8 plus to my IPhone 8 sometimes resolves the issue. Resetting the earbuds every time is also not on! It does not resolve the issue anyway. Samsung just need to fix this!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRRiRoAHOMo wrote:

For me poking holes or removing membranes is not a solution! Why including those in the first place. It is definitely a software issue. Switching from my Samsung S8 plus to my IPhone 8 sometimes resolves the issue. Resetting the earbuds every time is also not on! It does not resolve the issue anyway. Samsung just need to fix this!

As stated. Not software. You clearly don't understand the difference between sw and hw. It ok though. This is just a fix, not a solution. This is something Samsung needs to address and recall... But neither will happen... Cuz companies like Sammy (except note7) and Apple don't admit mistakes. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please fix this problem
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why are you giving possible solutions when everyone has been trying those things without any success. It’s not the phone. It’s not wax particularly when the ear buds are new. The batteries are charged. Fix the problem please.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Right ear bud is practically silent. Tried everything here and nothing seems to fix the problem .. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a cleaning kit with your device?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine didn't come with a cleaning kit or replacement mesh. I've heard it was coming with them now. How can those of us who were not fortunate enough to get them in our box, get the cleaning kit and mesh?