cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Itchy ears after using Galaxy earbuds

i'm also having the same problem with only these earbuds. I have an anaphylactic contact and respirartory latex/rubber allergy. After my allergy progessed I began using these earbuds and my ears itch and burn 24/7 even days i don't use them, it takes a few days to settle down. What exactly are these earbuds made of???

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no! I would be happy to assist you further. Please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of the earbuds. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I had the same issue with my PowerBeats pro.  I was looking to replace them with these, but now I'm scared because of the issues I am reading about!  Would love to know if it is a different material!

Highlighted
Constellation

I thought I was the only one experiencing that.

I alternate between it and another bluetooth earphone that has the same shape as Samsung Earbuds and it doesn't cause me any problem. Only the earbuds are the ones causing me itchiness and dryness which goes away slowly after I stop using them. 

I don't know whether it is the material or maybe the part that goes inside the ear is more rigid than other earphones or maybe they go further inside the ear than other earphones but there is definitely something weird about them. 

Although I really like them I think I won't use it anymore cause the sensation is getting worse every time I wear them.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem. I have been to the doctor 4 times until we realized it was my earbuds causing the problems. When I used them my ears will start itching and holding moisture. I started using the Apple Airpods and no problems yet... I have spent so much money since my purchase of these earbuds. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userogRJU8s6JU I would like to look into this further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • Serial number
Highlighted
Astronaut

Constantly

Highlighted

Insert earbuds tends to close off the ear canal so much so that no air can curculate and may cause the discomfort you're experencing. Try switching to an over the ear headphone set once in a while and make sure you clean the earbud plugs throughly ever time you use them.

Highlighted
Constellation

I would love to find replacement tips or something to help this situation.  I am seriously annoyed with this whole thing.  I have been getting multiple ear infections as well.  And I haven't had ear infections since I was a child.  My doctor finally said it has to be the buds.  When I take them out and leave them out over time my ears get better.  But, once I start using them regularly all of my problems start again.  I'm just not sure what to do about the whole thing.  I listen to books and music at work.  So, buds are a necessary part of my day, but I can't keep doing things.  Thinking I'm going to have to ditch these and change brands.

Highlighted
Constellation

I doubt it's a Samsung issue, because I have that with a different brand. I've felt itchiness when wearing any rubber-like earphones/earbuds. I think dirt, dust, bacteria etc. all stick onto that type of material. It just has to be cleaned daily, and not worn for so long bc it affects the ear. I currently have itchiness after wearing mine and need to figure out how to get rid of it.