JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 03-25-2020 10:09 AM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
PinkLadyCreates
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello my left ear bud will not take a charge. When I place it in the case the red light comes on but after leaving them to charge overnight, when I open the lid the app shows the left bud with an orange "!" next to it. I have cleaned both the bud and the case as well as unpaired and repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and tried resetting but they will not reset because both buds need to be connected.
Is there anything else I can do to get my left bud working again?

Thanks

0 Likes
elianafeijoo
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello @PinkLadyCreates , firstly I am sorry this is happening to you but we are here to fix it! You can call 1800-samsung (1800-726-7864)  , they will guide you through some other steps if not able to fix they can help you with mailing out your earbuds. The way they are going to do this is by sending you a shipping label to your email. You print it out, put it into a box  and when it is sent to the warehouse to fix they will call you regarding what your repair will entail or if they will replace your buds. Secondly you can live chat an agent, and they will help you with the same process via online. Lastly when covid-19 is over and Samsung Walk in stores open up you can bring them to the store and we will help you with the whole mail out process. I hope this helped. Any question or cornerns we are here to help you. Have a wonderful day!

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

I would call Samsung Customer service to check to see if i have warranty . If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

I will be happy to further look into this for you.

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Can you send a private message providing the full model code, serial number, and a copy of the proof of purchase so I can assist you better? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes
userpeYa4FmeSi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have tried all the troubleshootings I have found on the web and still not working. Right bud works and charges fine. 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

I see you have tried some troubleshooting steps already, I would like to see if we can get the buds to connect properly with these steps.

The first thing I recommend is to reset the Galaxy buds, you can do so following these steps.

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

If you are unable to connect after this, give these steps a try.

Go to Bluetooth menu and forget the device

Next, open the Wearables app and unpair the buds from the app

Once unpaired, uninstall and reinstall the Wearables app

Then reconnect the device to the phone like it was connecting for the first time

Another good thing to always check is to make sure the connections are free of debris or anything that would hinder the contacts from touching properly. You can use the following link for some good maintenance/ cleaning steps.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-r170-galaxy-buds-clean-the-earbuds/

If after performing this and your symptoms still persist, send me a private message with your model code and serial number so I can assist you further. https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
mchivara
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions.

0 Likes
usersSATK1Hbz3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

My lef ear bud wont respond at all which i believe its not charging properly. My bud case will charge till it shows a green light but if i put my left ear bud in the inside light will display a red light saying its dead battery but if i charge it or leave it in there for a few hours the left ear bud is dead still. The right ear bud works fine.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. 

I just wanted to confirm that you have checked for updates of the wearable application and ensured you are running the latest version?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.