cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Lost Repair: Samsung Reps Unable to Help Thus Far

For anyone from Samsung reading this, my Ticket is #4154299242

On September 17, 2020 I called Samsung to open a repair ticket for my Gear Iconx earbuds because one of them wasn't working. After giving the service rep all the information over the phone, he created a ticket and send me the prepaid shipping label.

On September 21, 2020 I received notification that my repair item had been received by their warehouse.

On September 24, 2020 I received notification that my repair ticket had been cancelled, with the reason being: Accessory Issue

On October 12, 2020 I called Samsung to ask 1) what the detailed reason was behind not having the earbuds repaired and 2) why I had not received notification that my unrepaired item was being shipped back to me. Customer service rep couldn't identify why the repair was not handled nor didn't understand what "Accessory Issue" meant. Additionally, when the rep transferred me to the repair center, the center was closed for the day and I was disconnected. That was 45 minutes of phone time.

On October 14, 2020 I called Samsung again. Again was told that I needed to speak with the repair center, transferred me, and again was disconnected because nobody picked up at the repair center. 15 minutes of phone time.

On October 15, 2020 I called Samsung again. Customer service rep transferred me to the "proper team" to help me. That second person transferred me back to the main customer service line, who then transferred me to the repair center. For the first time, I actually got someone from the repair center on the phone. After 15 minutes of holding, the service rep told me that he confirmed that my item was at their repair warehouse and that someone else would contact me via email or phone within 24 hours to give me a more detailed explanation as to why my item wasn't repaired or even shipped back to me. That was 45 minutes of phone time of lots of explaining and transfers, to once again not have an answer.

Today is October 20th, 2020 and I still haven't received a follow up from anyone at Samsung regarding where my unrepaired item is. At this point, I don't even want it repaired. I just want it returned to me. 

I will be following up with regulatory and business agencies accordingly if I don't receive some kind of update by tomorrow. The lack of service and follow-up with regard to my personal property that Samsung has effectively stolen is maddening and frustrating. 

I'm posting this in hopes someone who works at Samsung can research, escalate, and get me a tracking number that my unrepaired product is being returned to me. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Lost Repair: Samsung Reps Unable to Help Thus Far

It is now November 7th and I was told that my unrepaired product would be returned to me; the item has still not arrived and the link to view my ongoing ticket is no longer accessible. I will be filing proper reports with the BBB and State Attorney General's Office to demand an answer as to why the repair center has stolen my personal property.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, I supervise escalations for social media and have taken over your case.  We are unable to exchange the buds due to inventory, but I would like to offer you a refund in the amount of $145.33.  Can I begin processing that for you?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Am I understanding that you are admitting you have lost my item at your repair center? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Your buds were delivered to our warehouse under tracking 1z54v84a8726268904. I apologize for all the miscommunication, as we were unable to complete repairs. We would like to offer a refund due to inventory issues otherwise we would exchange it. Would you like to move forward with the refund? I'd like to get this taken care of for you as soon as possible, as I know you've been waiting for some time.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello SamsungJam. Since an exchange is not possible, then I accept the refund amount of $145.33. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Fantastic!  I'll get that set up now.  ^Jam