cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

MAJOR issues with the R170XXU0ATD3 update

I'm having serious issues with the latest software update.  The buds will play audio if I open music via my Galaxy S10, but will disconnect during phone calls.  Touch controls are inoperable as well.  During a call if I select the bluetooth button in the phone call menu, it will "flash" to the earbuds like it's trying to connect, but continues to stay off.  They buds themselves appear to pair with the wearables app everytime I open the case, but the standard "chime" you hear when you put them in your ear is no longer there. 

I've already hard reset the buds multiple times and re-installed the wearables app.  I've literally NEVER had one single issue with the buds since I purchased them this past November. Not sure what to do at this point?  Anyone else having these issues?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: MAJOR issues with the R170XXU0ATD3 update

Hi @userZ8Qkw94mwa, I'm also having a bunch of issues since I updated to R170XXU0ATD3! Touch controls aren't working on my right earbud, random disconnects from my S20+, and frequent disconnects from my MacBook. Had no issues before this update. I've also tried to reset the earbuds and reinstall the app, but no luck. Is there any way to rollback the update to a previous version?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for your frustrations! If the troubleshooting is unhelpful, please send a private message with the model code, the serial number, and a copy of the receipt so I may look into your options. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My dad is having severe issues since downloading the new update as well, the buds connect okay and have full functionality except there is next to no sound coming from the left earbud. I've tried everything from resetting them, cleaning the buds, connecting them to another device etc

Highlighted
Constellation

I have similar massive issues, low volume in both buds and super low volume in the right bud...

@SamsungRei please do something, this is not normal. I have the galaxy buds and a A8 Samsung phone, how you cannot ensure compatibility between your own devices!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Also having same problem with my A

10E

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine is having major issues as well but I DO Not have the ear buds

Highlighted
Astronaut

i have the same problem as you 

my buds before the upload software didn't do anything, now the bud right do a problem: the disconnected automatically and doesn't come any sound 

Highlighted
Constellation

Have the same issue after update. Once it was fixed somehow but now the only way is to reset network settings including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile. But it also helps for one time only.

Is there any possibility to rollback the update?