cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

New Buds+ update broke the ambient sound

Back before the recent update I could hear my surroundings at work (fast food). Now the new update, I don't have it set to very high because that's just too obnoxious, but I have it set to high I can barely hear after a bit, and when I get close to a fryer my earbuds ambient sound just fades out and I can't hear anything at all. I thought this was fixed with the new buds, but it's still an issue. It was fine before the update, I suggest fixing it, please, I love these things, my boss lets me wear them since I can still hear, but with the new update, I can't hear much at all.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: New Buds+ update broke the ambient sound

Have you tried uninstalling the galaxy wearable app and repairing the BUds plus? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Seriously? My buds are fine. I clearly said it was the new update, and I know that for a fact. It's because the microphones are really sensitive.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Allow me to rephrase a bit; When I get near fans and heat waves the buds will fade and I can't hear my surroundings until I walk away from said fans/heat waves. I did not have this issue before the new update was released.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

I will be happy to further assist you with your concerns. It sounds like you may need a ticket set up for an exchange.

Please send a private message providing the full model code, serial number, and a copy of the proof of purchase so I can better assist?

http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Highlighted
Product Expert

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the Ear buds onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly the same issue after the last update!
It seems that they have some new algorithm to 'fade out' the volume when it detects sharp increases in environmental sound - this is their way of dealing with wind noise.
However, this is a <edit> disaster and in my opinion makes this feature unusable for me because the constant fading in and out of ambient sound volume makes it extremely difficult for me to be aware of my surroundings! This is completely boneheaded, stupid update that completely breaks one of this product's major selling features.

The kneejerk reaction that Samsung reps in here have of telling us to get replacements shows just how little they know about their own products, and don't actually care about solving any problems.

SAMSUNG: <edit>. RESTORE THIS FEATURE TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE, AND STOP THE AMBIENT SOUND MODE FROM FADING DOWN THE VOLUME. WE CANNOT KEEP TRACK OF OUR SURROUNDINGS IF THE BUDS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING THE VOLUME.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Agreed. All of you "Samsung" employees need to get it together. I am not replacing my buds when they are perfectly fine. It is CLEARLY AN UPDATE YOU GUYS SENT OUT!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

They just released another update that changed the audio tuning, but this issue still isn't fixed.

It's clear Samsung doesn't care much about it at all, they responded to those nagging about wind noise but what about those every day users? I used to play the piano with hearthrough earbuds such as the Jabra 65t, and the Buds+ now seem like a poor alternative. Even before the update the volume would decrease over time to "get used to its surroundings" but it was poor for piano playing. Now it's worse because I can hear the piano or music volume oscillate.