JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds series volume is low

(Topic created: 09-07-2018 12:54 PM)
user2C9IYRCqAq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have galaxy buds 33AA and they were working fine till yesterday. I tried unpairing and pairing them again. Tried increasing the bud volume and it's to the max level. Increased the media volume and nothing ..found one solution online in developers option and diasbled absolute volume sync and still nothing. I don't have audio media sync in the blutooth advance setting so that's not an option. My phone is Galaxy S10+

1,416 Replies
userAd8xDhjZ5O
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello. Im havong the exact same problem and I would like to try out your fixing method. Can i know how you take the black screen off?

0 Likes
MadMartian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

You shouldn't take the mesh off of the earbuds and you risk voiding your warranty if you remove the white shielding from the underside of the mesh.  Samsung instructions state that if removal of the mesh is necessary to remove debris that servicing is necessary (this is probably due to the fact that the mesh is held in-place with a special adhesive).  I think that white shielding is to prevent debris from entering and contaminating the inner components of the earbud, particularly sweat, which is why it should stay there.

0 Likes
userxDBZunUJUo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks for that. Fixed it for me too. Makes me wonder what the "adhesive" actually was? I wonder if it's there to hold the little black screen on the earpiece but under heat it goes gooey and blocks the speaker?
0 Likes
user1HyqJEMZku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey

After looking at all the other so called fixes, this sounded odd but strangley possible.

Levered the black outer mesh off with a needle, and yup, found a gooey glue underneath ontop of the white plastic cap.. not sure what that does but remives the glue and removed the white cap entirely, (replaced the black outer mesh (held in place by the earbud fitting)... and hey presto! For the first time in months my earbuds worked the whole 45 minutes of my run. No problems.

Hopefully that fixed it - that or its a HUGE coincidnce.

0 Likes
userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi. I'm having the same problem. Is your issue resolved? How do I fix it?

0 Likes
userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

What black lining & white lining?

0 Likes
userQYOb0aRDHy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

What do I do?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userQYOb0aRD; For this issue, I recommend cleaning the earbuds first. Just click on the link below to access a step by step how to guide. Let us know if this resolves the issue. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=873921&modelname=SM-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwVqAOCKcKg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@userQYOb0aRD; For this issue, I recommend cleaning the earbuds first. Just click on the link below to access a step by step how to guide. Let us know if this resolves the issue. 

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=873921&modelname=SM-...

@SamsungAdam officially does removing the white screen a)negate the warranty given that this issue is so very widespread and b) otherwise damage the functionality of the earbuds?

Certainly as a solution it works perfectly here and I can't find any comments anywhere from anyone saying that their earbuds then stopped due to sweat.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userwVqAOCK;' It will void your warranty. It would be considered physical damage. That is why when you see it posted in the forum, it is always by another user and not a moderator. I cannot speculate about its efficacy either. There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence that it works but nothing official. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes