Original topic:

One ear bud keeps dying immediately

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 01:22 AM)
Bleenders
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have the Samsung earbud and suddenly, the left bud stopped working. It will say it's fully charged but as soon as I connect, it will immediately die and say the battery is dead. I've tried resetting a few times but nothing. Does anyone have a fix for this or is there a local Samsung support I can visit? 
12 Replies
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
Please be more specific what version of the earbuds is it a gear iconx is it a Galaxy Bud's a Galaxy buds plus a Galaxy buds Pro a Galaxy buds 2
0 Likes
Bleenders
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
It's the Galaxy buds model SM-R175. I was told by a rep in the chat to visit a Samsung authorized repair place (none local to me) or Best Buy. In order to make an appt at BB, you have to select the product you want service for. I select Samsung Earbuds and schedule only for me to get there and be told thru don't service Samsung products. (why was I able to select it then??)

I went back to the chat to inform the rep and they send me a ticket to ship my earbuds in for repair. I call the 800 number and you guys told me it's about $110 to repair them.....so I did what everyone else did and just bought a replacement on Ebay. *sigh* I've had them just over a year (Mother's Day gift) so no warranty. Lucky me 🙁
0 Likes
Renaynay01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Having a similar issue and just outside of warranty also.. ughhh.
0 Likes
Bleenders
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Just order the missing bud for ~$20 on Ebay.... Mine will arrive any day now
0 Likes
Renaynay01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
What? Missing?
0 Likes
Renaynay01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Oh, i think you mean i could order a replacement ear bud? Only 20$ on ebay, wow!
0 Likes
Bleenders
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes! Replacement. Mine is now "missing" cuz I threw it away 🤣
Renaynay01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Hahaaa 😆
0 Likes