Original topic:

Please fix the find earbuds function

(Topic created on: 5/1/21 10:10 PM)
user0caVw5Rgu0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
It used to be that you could click find earbuds and make your earbud that you dropped emit a sound for locating it.

I have been having issues with my left earbud being much quieter than the right. There are many posts saying that setting the find alarm off for about 30 sec fixes it, with several follow-up comments saying it worked. 

I open the wearable app. I click the find option. It redirects to the smart things app. That app makes me updated. After the update, it tells me I need to download a driver to use the functionality I am trying. I download and retry. It opens a user agreement. I accept. It tells me I need to allow permissions. I allow. It keeps telling me to turn on location. I turn on gps. I click find in wearables again. It redirects back to smart things and sits with a black screen and a loading circle that never progresses. I try with Wi-Fi, 4G, and WiFi again after a reboot. It still will not progress beyond the black screen. I close everything. I open smart things and try it this way. It showed my buds connected directly, but not with smart things. I keep trying to link the buds to the app and it is doing nothing. I go back into wearables and open support. It makes me updated members, which l do. Then the only real good options available are community and giving Samsung remote support.

Why was this necessary?! Also, this function has still been completely broken for me, even after going through all of the new required steps.

I've been using various galaxy bud models for years without ever needing to go through this ridiculous process to make my connected and fully charged buds emit a sound so that I can find the device when I lost them inside the room I am in. I have never used smart things or members. I do not like bloatware that I have no use for. I keep my GPS off. I fully intend to uninstall the updates for smart things and members, and I am going to try to find the options within the apps to lift the permissions I was forced to agree to, in order to fix an expensive device and use a function that requires none of this over-the-top nonsense. I have no interest in the theft recovery GPS tracking. I only want the ability to use the function as it was originally intended; to create noise that helps me locate where they dropped to.

The automation is the only reason I have been sticking with Galaxy Bud earbuds. They auto pair and they can be controlled through the app. (via pairing, not network) They have a substantial delay, making every video look as though it is dubbed over. They have a strange modulator effect when your WiFi signal gets weak, which doesn't even make sense since they are bluetooth. The slick surface of the shell makes them slip. Touching them, to reposition, almost always activates the tap command. The tap command frequently registers as a double tap. You can't disable double and triple tap, so repositioning them causes me to skip videos and stories. You have to go back and try to find where you were at.

As stated, I will uninstall updates and freeze the bloatware. I do not believe it will notify me if you, or anyone, responds. I have been looking into getting a newer pair that is less slick. If this find earbuds feature is not fixed to work the way they always have (especially since it seems to be the only way to fix the uneven volume levels) I will not be looking into a Galaxy Bud product. I guarantee that I will not be the only one. The second that one of those other customers can't locate their earbud after dropping it, falls sleep with them in and wakes up with one missing, or shares the imbalance of volume between buds, they will become just as frustrated. Even if others do not go out of their way to complain, they will decide to go with a different product when the time comes. You can revert the function or not. Either way, it will be a deciding factor in my next earbud purchase. You should have the ability to email me directly. If you want to follow-up with me on this issue, contact me by email.
5 Replies
user7jmNtakOLw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
It's not working for me either I've recently learned the app has been removed but they do not know when and why was it removed almost like it magically vanished
0 Likes
user7jmNtakOLw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
The app is not in the Galax store
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
All bluetooth earbuds automatically pair what do u mean
0 Likes
supernovaINgalaxy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
no they dont automatically pair. I have heyday earbuds that I cant seem to get to pair lately. they once paired when I first got them. now my phone acts like it doesn't recognize them:expressionless_face:
0 Likes
user7jmNtakOLw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Find my mobile no longer available thur the galaxy store but if you need to find your earbuds you can still do it online at https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ this still work as a alternative till the app is once again made available to us again
0 Likes