Original topic:

Reading Notifications Aloud

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 12:32 PM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have a question. First, some back story:
I use my Z Flip5 and Z Fold3 while at work. I've noticed recently that when I have my Buds2 Pro connected to my Z Fold (not activated) and I get a text message on my Z Flip (currently activated), my Z Flip will read the text message aloud. My theory is it has something to do with the Buds' "Seemless Transition" between devices. They were connected to the Flip last, then connected to the Fold, but since the audio from the Fold is coming out of the Buds and the Buds are technically connected to both devices simultaneously, the Flip has no choice but to read the messages aloud as per the Wearable settings.

If this is true my question is: is there an easy way to prevent this without having to turn my Flip volume down when in this scenario, or to turn off it's Bluetooth (as I want my Galaxy Watch to remain connected)?
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Buds
I believe it should be as simple as turning off the read notifications aloud setting on the flips Galaxy wear app. Yes your theory is correct but I don't think it's seamless transitioning, I believe it's the fact that they are both Samsung phones signed into the same Samsung account so they will both be connected to the buds if they are both paired to it once. I have the same thing going on but mine is on purpose, I have my S24 Ultra and S23 Ultra both are active with different providers and my buds 2 Pro will read me notifications from both, I just wish it told me which phone was getting which notification. You should be able to stop this by the simple read notifications aloud setting on whichever phone you don't want to hear through your buds at that point. If that doesn't work you can go into Bluetooth settings on the phone you don't want notifications being spoken through the buds and find the buds in Bluetooth and just disconnect from them. Not unpair, just disconnect, which is temporarily disconnecting the phone from them until the next time you put your buds in the case then it will reconnect again once you open the case and take them out next time.
Hopefully this helps!
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks. I'll probably have to do the Disconnect option until Samsung can fix this niche scenario. I also wish they would allow for "Call and Text on Other Devices" to work across two smartphones for my specific case. 😮💨
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Buds
While I was using my Buds2 Pro connected to my Tab S9FE, I received multiple text messages, and my Z Flip5 STILL read the notification aloud. EVEN after turning off Read Notifications Aloud for Messages. Samsung needs to fix this FAST. In a public setting, this occurring can be a security and privacy issue.
0 Likes