JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 08:04 PM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

397 Replies
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
That also happens to me but they don't leak a lot just enough to notice on the ear tips
Pinkie420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
  • I purchased the Galaxy ear bud pros on March 27th 2021 and after 2 months I have finally figured out what's causing my ear infections. After wearing them for a few hours my ears started itching & burning & leaking a clear fluid. At one point both ears were leaking so bad it was leaking down the side of my face. I stopped wearing them & after a few days of leaking & itching they started crusting & formed a skin like scab. After going through this 3 different times in the last few months I finally realized it was the ear buds causing it & then looked it up & seen all the other users with the same issue. My question is WHY IS SAMSUNG STILL SELLING THESE EAR BUDS WHEN SO MANY USERS HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE & REPORTED IT TO SAMSUNG!?!?!?! THESE EAR BUDS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECALLED & FIXED OR STOPPED BEING SOLD PERIOD!!! This issue has been reported since the ear bud Pros have been out so I don't understand why this issue hasn't been fixed by now. I love the ear buds other than this issue so I'm gonna purchase some memory foam ear pads & see if that stops the issue. I have read that it has helped with some people but other people it didnt so I guess I will just have to see for myself if it helps in my case. I hope it fixes the problem cuz if it doesn't I will have to try to get my money back cuz they will be completely useless otherwise. I just can't believe such a big company can't fix a issue this big!! I sure don't see Apple having this issue & I would really hate to have to switch over to IPhone products cuz I am a Samsung user but this is COMPLETELY REDICULOUS AND PLAIN OUT CRAZY!!!!! 
RizZah82
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I thought this was just me. I had to go to urgent care and get antibiotics ear drops. Yes, a clear liquid inside the ears and it becomes crusty and irritated.
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

I understand how concerning this is. I would like to have our specialized team look into this further for you. Please send a private message with the following information.

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the earbuds:
Serial number of the earbuds from the bottom of the charging cradle:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Pinkie420
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep me also but I bought some ear bud padding off amazon & I will get them in a few days & hopefully that will be long enough for my ears to heal & then I can test them out & see if changing the padding out will fix the problem. I have seen where some people said they also bought different padding & for some of them it worked but I seen where some said it didnt work for them so all I can hope for is that it works cuz if not then they will be totally useless & I will be returning them for a full refund. I really don't want to have to turn to Iphones Airpods 😤😒😫 I'm just so mad cuz this has been happening & Samsung has been informed about this not to long after they came out so I'm really mad that they haven't done a recall & fixed it cuz this is completely ridiculous!! Especially for $200!!! And then u see where so many people have said they had the same issue & wrote a post about it on here where lots & lots of people commented under it saying they to went through the same thing but yet samsung closed the thread so now no one new can comment under those post so that's why I made a new one. I'm hoping more people will comment & tell me their story & what happened with them. And if Samsung has helped them in any way. I dont want to just turn them in to samsung (like they want) cuz nothing is obviously gonna come from that (from what I have read from other people's story's) I'm really hoping the new ear bud padding I bought on Amazon will fix this issue. I will def come back and let everyone know what my results are. Thanks
RizZah82
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yup. I did buy some Amazon foam padding. It was a nightmare to get them on. Pro buds has slits on the silicon buds on each corner. After market buds do not. It's round and not oval like the stock ones. Not only do you spend $200-250 on these. Affects your health condition. And you have to invest in more accessories for your Pro buds. I'm out almost $500 already including hospital visit. Talking to a rep now. Hopefully find some resolution.

thegravyboat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm one of the people who had some ear irritation from my Galaxy Buds Pro and sent them in to get looked at by the "specialized team."  My issue is, I really haven't heard anything from them and it's been almost a month.  I've called the regular support number, as well as the number I was given for this team, but no matter who answers, they can't seem to give me a straight answer.

Has anyone heard back from support regarding their issue and, if so, what was the resolution?

RandomUsedMem
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

You post concerns me. I have the same issue. I got a box today from Samsung to return my pros. I am going to wait until I hear the process. The person that called me and set up the box could not tell me what would happen after they received them, just that they wanted to check them out. I want to know what will be done before I send these anywhere. 

thegravyboat
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I sent a PM to the support person I initiated this whole process with and explained that I was having a problem reaching anyone who could help me, and they replied and told me they were going to have the "team" give me a call.  I ended up receiving the call a few hours later, unfortunately from a restricted number so I didn't answer it.

They left a message that they would be issuing me a refund and that I'd receive an email shortly with info.  I had to send my receipt and a pic of the ear irritation if I had one (I did).  I'm asked if I'd get any sort of credit for the trade-in I provided that gave me a discount on the headphones through Samsung.  Who knows if I will.

I'd only offer this advice: I had my irritation very early on, and it was clearing up even though I was wearing them when I sent them in.  I only sent them because, like you, the support person I spoke with urged me to send them in. I really like the headphones and honestly just want them back, but if I get a refund I can just get a new pair.  If your irritation is mild or no longer bothering you, I'd just keep them.  If you ultimately want a refund or some type of resolution, I'd say send them.  Just don't expect them back anytime soon.

Good luck! 

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for sharing! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.