My right galaxy bud has stopped working. It won’t charge, pair, make the pairing(sensor) noise when it’s picked up from the charging case. However it does activate the Red Light on the case when placed back inside. Not sure if the charging spots on the buds have stopped working. When I go on my Galaxy Wearables app, it shows the left bud’s stats and battery life while the right shows that it’s disconnected or just not charged. I looked into trying to resetting the ear buds but nowhwere in my wearable app allows me to do so. I cant update one without the other. Someone please advise!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'll repost a solution I made in another forum
"Im posting this incase anyone is still having this issue, you dont need to send your buds to be serviced.
If one of your buds isnt connecting after charging them (one of the buds is greyed out in the app or isnt showing up) but the chase is showing a green light saying theyre charged.
what's going on is that inside the bud that isnt showing up, the battery has discharged to a level where the sensor isnt correctly reading the level of the battery because the battery level has reached 0, so it cant properly operate the sensor to tell the case to charge it, so it's just not charging. So you need to get that bud to a level where the sensor can function properly and actuall charge the bud.
Ok so now the explanation is out of the way theres how to do it:
1. Start with both buds in the case, make sure case is charged so it can charge the buds
2. Open the wearables app, so you can monitor it as we proceed
3. Now take the WORKING BUD out of the case, set it aside
4. Pick up the NON WORKING BUD out of the case and place it back in the case, watch the red light that indicates if the bud is charged or not, you'll notice after a few seconds the light will go from red to green saying its charged. In actuality it isnt.
5. What were going to do is keep picking up and putting back the NON WORKING BUD every time the light turns green. What that's doing is during those couple seconds of red light the case is trickling some power into the battery until it falsely reads that ita charged again. We have to keep doing that until on the wearables app we see the NON WORKING BUD show up and read 1% with an exclamation mark (this is why I said to open it to monitor the battery) this can take some time, but you'll have to sit there and do it.
6. Once we see the 1% and exclamation mark, the bud has enough juice to power the battery sensor to tell the case to actually charge the bud to full. Once it charges to a decent percent, test the bud, make sure it works, then let it charge the rest of the way. After that you can charge both buds normally
Future tip, dont let your buds get to critical battery life (below 5%) again or you'll have to start this process to fix it again. Letting batterys FULLY discharge to 0% is bad for the battery and they should be charged once they get around 10% or so. That's why phones usually shut off at 2%-5% cause if they fully discharge to 0, there won't be juice to power the sensor that tells the phone to charge or turn back on. Itll be DEAD DEAD at that point lol.
Hope this helped someone out there "
Hello there, if you're unable to attempt resetting your buds I would recommend an exchange. You may have a couple options for this depending on your situation.
-You can visit your retailer as long as you are still within their return/exchange window.
-Alternatively, if Samsung was your retailer, you are outside your retailer's window for returns/exchanges, or if you would rather go through Samsung for your exchange I'd be more than happy to assist you. I'll just need you to send me a private message with the model code, serial number, and proof of purchase for the buds.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
I got a pair of galaxy earbuds for a congratulations gift for completing my first complete job for my own business and the left one is not working I have tried everything I have found no this website and it is still not working will Samsung send me a replacement to it I just got them a few days ago
I just began to have the same issue today. My right bud is no longer connecting and has the red exclamation point on the Galaxy Wearable app. I've never had an issue with my buds before this. I tried looking up the updates, but its already up to date. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting them from all my devices as well. The app isn't allowing me to restart them because only the left one connects. Could I get help or advice?
I'm having the same issue since 4 May. I checked my galaxy wearable app and it is up to date. I've tried all the solutions in the forum and it doesn't work well. What happens is, after I pick my buds from the case, one side (left) is connecting and the other side isn't. Next time, when I try one side (right) is connected and the other isn't. Seems like both are working but only the connection problem. I've no idea what to do next :(