cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Buds Plus - Hissing and Crackling

I bought the buds plus about 10 days ago and I have noticed 2 issues, both when Ambient Sound is turned on. Not sure if these are only with my pair:

1. Hissing sound - when Ambient Sound is turned on, I hear a hissing noise. It gets lounder as I change the intensity from Low to Medium to High

2. Crackling sound - when the wind is blowing, the headsets make a crackling sound. Even that sound gets louder with the intensity of Ambient Sound setting.

I have tried to unpair, and re-pair the buds to my Note 10 but the problem persists. I have updated the app and the firmware to the latest version. 

Is this a known issue? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Buds Plus - Hissing and Crackling

Hey there!

Have you attempted to reset the buds recently?

If the symptoms still occur after the reset, I would recommend reaching out to the retailer you bought the buds from to see if they have any further options for you due to you are still within your 14 days grace period.

If you purchased the buds with Samsung, I would like to get a little bit more information from you.

Please send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number from the bottom of the charging cradle. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey buddy. Have you figured the problem out? I was thinking to get the buds plus and I had concerns about hissing/white noise. It's a really annoying thing. I had to return my previous true wireless headphones for the same problem. I just wondered if the problem was solved. Have a nice day. 

Highlighted
Constellation

No, still on. I tried to reset but that didn't help either. Samsung support is great, though. They are looking at it so let's see. Hissing goes away if you turn off ambient sound or you are on a call or listening to music. 

I tried my friend's AirPods - they also have a hissing noise but its definitely pronounced on the buds. 

Highlighted

there is nothing wrong with either the phone or the buds. the crackling noise is due to the phones speaker being to close to the noise or taking a direct hit from the wind. when your sound is all the way up than you get static from surrounding noise. hence the hissing.