cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Plus - Windows 10 audio service crash

Hi,

I connected my Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus to a computer running Win10. I tried with a different computer for testing purposes and same thing happens.

Everything goes smooth, I can use them either as headphones or headset.

The issue is that during skype calls, if I remove them from the ears (and the call auto-pauses automatically) or if I want to change from the buds to the computer speaker and microphone, Windows audio service crashes. Then, I need to restart to computer so that everything starts working again. Otherwise the computer remains without sound.

Tried re-installing the buds. Nothing changed. Tried with a pair of Jabra headphones, this didn't happen.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Plus - Windows 10 audio service crash

I was able today to study more the abnormal behavior and compared it with a pair of Jabra 75t.

Connected in a skype call, if I take both buds out of the ears, the call automatically pauses. If I leave the buds on the table and click "Resume call", the PC switches to the speakers and internal mic. No crash. If I want to reconnect the buds, I need to go to settings, click disconnect then connect. The buds work.

If I take both buds out, the call pauses and then put them back in, and only then I click the "Resume call", skype freezes. Windows audio crashes and I need to restart the computer.

To be honest I think it has to do with the automatic call pause embedded in the buds. Maybe if you could add an option in the app to disable it.

Still waiting for a solution, otherwise I will have to switch to the Jabras.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Buds+ Plus - Windows 10 audio service crash

I have a similar issue that might be the same thing!  Experiencing it with Teams and WebEx.  If i get any kind of "audio" notification (new email come in, new Teams chat, etc.) then the Buds+ drop my connection to the conference in favor of the audio sound.  I happened to catch this once in my Bluetooth settings and it had converted the Buds+ connection to "music" connectivity instead of "music and voice."  It's like it prioritizes music over voice... The only solution I've somewhat come across (still needs more testing for me to be sure it "fixed" it) is to disable the "stereo" connection and only have the "hands-free" connection for my Buds+, but in doing so, all the notification-type sounds are through my laptop speakers instead of my Buds+ even when the Buds+ are connected.