Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Causing Ear Infection

(Topic created: 07-10-2021 01:06 PM)
JYKLOZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Last February, I purchased Galaxy S21 Ultra Smartphone ($1200), and purchased Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds ($199) and a couple of other accessories with the Trade-In Credit ($250) I received for trading in my Galaxy NOTE 8, plus $39.67 cash. After using the earbuds for about two weeks, (I only used them once every few days), my ear started itching and feeling burning with ear discharge so I went to an urgent care doctor. The doctor said I had an outer ear infection and told me to stop using this earbud for a while and I was treated for a two-week course of antibiotics. A few weeks later my symptoms got better, and I started using the earbud again and after just a few days, my ears started having the same symptoms. I saw the doctor again and was prescribed with another medicine. 

I called the Samsung Customer service last April and they told me to send in my Galaxy Buds Pro so that they can evaluate the product. A few weeks later, the claim representative from the corporate office contacted me and told me to send my doctor's visit summary/invoice, and photos of my infected ears. Luckily I had taken photos of my ears right after I saw a doctor, and I attached all the requested information in the email and sent them in. I called them numerous times and waited another few weeks, and finally, she offered me a refund, but she said that she could only give me a refund in the amount of $39.67, because that was what I paid out of pocket after using up the trade-in promo credit. I complained, and she said the maximum she could refund would be $96.30.

The last three months have been a nightmare because since I sent in my Galaxy Buds pro in April, I had to call them almost every other day for three months, because every time I call them, I was told that someone would get back to me within 48hours, but they never did. Now, this claim representative is only offering $96.30 as a refund for the earbud that I paid $199 for. Yes, I used the promo credit ($250) plus $39.67 cash, but that credit I received was for trading in my Galaxy Note 8 smartphone in perfect working condition, I didn't use a coupon or anything.

This is a known issue globally, and in Korea,

I had my own health insurance, so I only paid the copay amount to see the urgent care doctor, but she is not even considering the reimbursement of the doctor's visit, but only $96.30 as a refund, which is not even half of the price of the earbuds.

I would rather have my old phone back if they don't give me a full refund. It has been already 3 months since I sent in my earbud, and still no resolution. 

My whole family and I have been using Samsung phones since they came out 20 + years ago and have never used apple phones or other brands, but the way they treat their loyal customers is so disappointing and frustrating.

3 Replies
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Good evening, I can certainly understand your frustration. I cannot guarantee I can change any offers, but I would like to look into this to see what I can do to help. Mind sending me a private message here with your most recent ticket number or telephone number on the account?--> https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello there!

I just wanted to check in to see if you still need any assistance regarding your concerns?

0 Likes
JYKLOZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I just sent you a PM
0 Likes