cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung buds ambient sound keeps turning off

Hi all 

My Samsung buds ambient sound keeps turning off by itself.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Adrian

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Wipe the sensor on the inside of the buds, then reinsert...

Wipe the sensor on the inside of the buds, then reinsert them into your ears. Make sure they fit really well, because if they come too far out, ambient sound will disable.

- a gear iconx veteran

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Wipe the sensor on the inside of the buds, then reinsert...

@ShadowArtist201 wrote:

Wipe the sensor on the inside of the buds, then reinsert them into your ears. Make sure they fit really well, because if they come too far out, ambient sound will disable.

- a gear iconx veteran

They are brand new and the sensors are clean

Highlighted
Constellation

Im having the same issue, only just got them yesterday

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here. New buds, ambient sound stops with in 30 seconds most of the time. Buds sit tightly in my ears. Even through it might me a sensor problem because sometimes I hear the sound that the buds make when you insert them into your ears. I think maybe the problem would be over if the app on the phone did not default to ambient sound off everytime you take one or both buds out of your ears. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I believe this issue is entirely a software issue that will be patched in a future update. It's a very common issue.
Highlighted
Constellation

I've had mine for 3 weeks and they turn off every time I turn it on! Wish Samsung would fix this or at the very least tell me what I'm doing to cause it so I can stop doing it. I cannot even answer a phone call by tapping them. So frustrating!

Astronaut

Re: Samsung buds ambient sound keeps turning off

It keeps disabling itself for me, I wish there was an option to have it turn back on even if they are removed

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung buds ambient sound keeps turning off

A workaround to this: Although ambient sound will constantly turn off everytime you take one bud out of your ear,  you can configure the touchpad a shortcut for turning it on again. The only customizable gesture is the 3 seconds touch.