Original topic:

Unable to mute buds live microphone during calls

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 06:16 AM)
mminkov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Before purchasing the Bids Live, I contacted Samsung to verify that the headphones support muting the microphone during calls. They confirmed this can be done with long press on the touchpad, so eventually purchased the buds a few days later.  

To my surprise, the option to turn off the microphone during calls is not there. It is also not mentioned in the built-in manual for the headset. Buds Live Owners, is this the same with your headphones?

This is a critical feature to me, as I am in zoom calls most of my day and I need to frequently mute and unmute myself. 

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Buds
Unfortunately, through the Wear app, muting a call is not possible with a long press. I saw on another post a different user claim that 3 quick taps will mute the microphone. I have not tried it since I just mute the mic through the dialer app on the phone. Of course, this doesn't apply on a Zoom call. If it were me, I'd give that a shot.
0 Likes
mminkov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I tried, this doesn't work unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
my only other idea is this: when streaming music, etc. from your phone, a single tap on the touch pad will pause the music...another single tap will restart it. perhaps a single tap will mute the call on a Zoom or Teams type of call. other than that, I have no idea.
0 Likes