Original topic:

Why does it require Multiple Permissions on the app?

(Topic created on: 5/30/21 9:27 AM)
JustByrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

When adding the app it ask for permission for Several different things when I get a txt message it just says MESSAGE when someone is calling it just rings not who is calling Lol So why does it need all the permission if it not going to tell me whose calling or tell me whose texting me:\

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Buds
You have to save the numbers your contacts then when you get a call or txt then the caller id will say whose calling or whose texting
Yea alot of apps ask 4 permissions idky
0 Likes
JustByrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Umm All my contact are saved do I need to do it all over again
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
Did put names for their phone numbers?
0 Likes
JustByrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
From A-Z they all have names do I to uninstall than install
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Buds
:grimacing_face:guess it couldnt hurt🤨
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm a little confused, as this is on the Galaxy Buds board it led me to think you have the buds and are connecting them to the wearables app when attempting this. Is this correct? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
JustByrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Right but I figured it out went to the settings and turned on read aloud
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Gotcha, well glad its up and running for you! ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JustByrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Read notifications aloud
0 Likes