Original topic:

earbuds pro poor call quality

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 1:34 PM)
user4SMuoc9Qyi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have a new set of galaxy bud pro's and they worked beautifully until the latest firmware update and now they are complete garbage. Everyone I call says the only thing they hear is background noise. Sometimes the noise is coming from someone talking in a normal voice ten feet away from me. They literally have told me to tell the other person to stop yelling. They say that my voice is super quiet. It's almost as though the latest software update internally switched the ambient noise mic with the voice mic. It has literally made them useless. I now just leave the earbuds in the case and use it for a paperweight on my desk to keep papers from blowing away when someone opens the door. Sorely disappointed in Samsung for not fixing this within an hour of the first complaint after the update. Everyone online is complaining about the same thing. Time for Samsung to put on their big boy pants and get to work on this issue. This is your flagship product and it's complete garbage.  I am now using my $79 Earfun buds and they work 10 times better than my $200 Samsung galaxy bud pro's. I would recommend people look into the Earfun pro's.

3 Replies
contryken72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
You have a good idea about doing the right thing if you payed $200.00 for Samsung's Earbuds you need to send them back c.o.D.
0 Likes
user4SMuoc9Qyi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yep
0 Likes
contryken72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
If they take pride in their products they should fix it or they should give your money back to you so give it a chance you don't have anything to lose but you're Earbuds and then you'll know that they are a bunch of knowaccont jerks and they don't have pride in themselves to make a quality product that they don't want to fix shame on them they shouldn't be like that they need to be more professional. God bless.
0 Likes