cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

galaxy buds live stuttering/buffering

Anyone experiencing stuttering/"buffering" from galaxy buds live?  Just got note 20 ultra and the buds and noticed that the buds stutter on both the note 20 and the note 9.  They're updated with recent firmware.  Wondering if anyone else has this issue + possible remedy? 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: galaxy buds live

Left Bud is constantly stuttering. Randomly dropping out and shutting off. Occasionally begins beeping. Ran all the updates, but it began acting up on the first use.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

Have you attempted to perform a reset on the buds recently?

Also, try wiping the system cache partition on your Note 20 Ultra device to see if that helps any on the issues you are experiencing on your phone.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Performed all of the reset instructions and the left bud continues to cut out. It absolutely acts like it's a connection issue but it's very odd that it seems to affect the left bud much more than the right (the right has lost connection a handful of times). The range is also abysmal! Bluetooth 5.0 is supposed to have a pretty signficant range and these absolutely do not. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are you putting the phone in your right pocket?  The range/penetration on my buds live is about 20% of what I get out of my buds+.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'm absolutely having the exact same issue. Just got these, applied the update and they have terrible connectivity issues, both inside and outside. I'm sitting here inside the house as I write this and the left earbud had completely disconnected and reconnected over a dozen times in 30 minutes. These things have the absolute worst range I've ever experienced. I've recently used two other earbuds (JBL and Panasonic and both were flawless in this regard).

These are practically unusable. I've never seen anything like this before. I'm using them with a brand new Galaxy Z Flip 5G.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Agree... Seeing the same thing here. Abysmal range ... These can't be Bluetooth 5. Something is very wrong. My other buds from JBL and Panasonic are flawless, but they just hurt my ears after a while.

I've discovered that either earbud, used by itself, works fine. When you use them both, they have difficulty communicating with each other and cause dropouts and stuttering.

Using  Galaxy Z flip 5G.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Seriously? You're recommending a system cache partition reset to fix an earbud issue? Just how are those two things related if I may ask?

I've already tried a reset.. didn't help. These things have be zero range, cut out constantly, whether I'm inside or out. My two other earbuds (JBL and Panasonic) work flawlessly in this regard (without any system cache partition wipe). Galaxy Z Flip 5G.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: galaxy buds live

brand new device + buds and you suggested a partition reset? lol. this is making me lose faith in Samsung.... if I hadn't gotten these buds for free I'd be royally upset and would have returned them instantly
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yep. Same issue here. See my comments to the other threads here.

Unusable.