JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

how to turn off Gear icon x 2018

(Topic created: 01-02-2019 06:32 AM)
Options
Galaxy Buds
recently got the iconx wondering if theres anyway of turing it off noticed it turns off when u put it in the charging case but dont want to keep it charging forever
0 Likes
37 Replies
Yasser Etreby
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Guys, why do you want to turn them off anyway? the 2 gear iconx have charge for 5 hours talking or music, once you take them off and put them into the charging box it will automaticly disconnected from your phone bluetooth and start charging the 2 gear iconx from the box, that's why you will see the 2 lighting led orange color means it is charging, once the 2 gear iconx is fully charged from the box it will automaticly light green and goes OFF.. got it? 

0 Likes
Yasser Etreby
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

@userbXgAaamGcD wrote:
recently got the iconx wondering if theres anyway of turing it off noticed it turns off when u put it in the charging case but dont want to keep it charging forever

Guys, why do you want to turn them off anyway? the 2 gear iconx have charge for 5 hours talking or music, once you take them off and put them into the charging box it will automaticly disconnected from your phone bluetooth and start charging the 2 gear iconx from the box, that's why you will see the 2 lighting led orange color means it is charging, once the 2 gear iconx is fully charged from the box it will automaticly light green and goes OFF.. got it? 

0 Likes
usernkjfKZ8q5c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Because not everyone has the time and energy to be listening to music or anything else for 5 hours straight. Besides, some of us just wear them during our commute, walking/riding a bus etc. Instead of carrying the pillcase everywhere, there should be a way to turn these off or they should go to sleep as soon as we take them out of our ears, it seems pretty obvious. Infact I assumed that is what it does but today learned the hard way. This is horrible design indeed and seems like Samsung has no interest in listening to the feedback provided here. Big fan of Samsung, but even hugely disappointed.

0 Likes
userTjEY3ldRHR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is a bad design flaw...

Samsung says the earbuds turn off when placed in the pill case.  That seems to be only partially true.  The earbuds will turn off in the pill case IF the pill case itself has charge.  If you put the earbuds in the pill case and the pill case is unplugged from power outlet, the pill case itself will drain completely (since the earbuds are charging from the pill case).  When the pill case is drained, the earbuds will not know they are in the pill case and thus they start draining again! 

So... if you finish your workout, put the earbuds in your pill case and leave them in your gym bag for a couple days (i.e. pill case not plugged into power outlet) and you go to use the earbuds 2 days later, both the earbuds and the pill case are drained by that time and you cannot use your earbuds 'cuz they are dead. 

Yeah, that's right - the earbuds drained the pill case, the pill case now no longer has power which means the earbuds didn't know they were still in the pill case because of the lack of the pill case's power and so the earbuds turned back on and started draining its own batteries again until they are dead again!

Seriously Samsung???  You require the earbuds to be in the pill case to turn off, but you do not make the earbuds smart enough to know they are in the pill case unless the pill case still has juice?  Samsung just assumes the pill case will alwasy be plugged into a power outlet and would never potentially be sitting in a gym back for more than 1/2 a day I guess...

userQXrwpG0Iij
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I was not pleased when I brought a fully charged pill case and iconx to the gym only to find both of them fully drained because they dont turn off

user5iuMZVsS1x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am suffering with the same problem.  I put the earbuds in a dead case and they wont disconnect from my phone so I can share a video or other audio. The only way to disconnect them is to shut off bluetooth and let them go dead in the case. A terrible waste.

user7vUvy5leZX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put the ear buds in the case and theyre still trying to connect to my phone. 

It's crazy if it's cause the case is dead. Also, why is the case dead? I should be able to leave these in the case for a week before needing to plug it in to charge...

I always go to use my earbuds and they're dead!

0 Likes
userVBI59ey63V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you so much for the summary. I never understood why both my case and buds where always dead after 2-3 days in my bag. I guess from now on, I will keep the case connected all the time at home, and carry the buds separately somewhere else? really really bad implementation!! Incredible that this issue has been going on for over 1 year and Samsung is unable to provide a software OTA update to:

1. The buds to auto shut if not being wear

2. Do not start charging again if it once reached 100% in the case. (unless removed from the case and put back in). This will prevent the case draining entirely out.