cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

my left ear bud stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my left ear bud suddenly stopped working I can charge it but it wont connect or make any kind of noise

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: my left ear bud stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I can understand wanting to use both or your Galaxy buds at once. I have some troubleshooting we can perform to help with these symptoms.

First I would try to reset the buds, you can do so following these steps:

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

If that does not help to get the buds to connect, give the next troubleshooting steps a try.

Go to Setting > Connections > Bluetooth and un-pair the buds from there

Next, go to the Wearable's app and un-pair the device

Then uninstall and reinstall the Wearable's app

Once reinstalled reconnect the buds while they are plugged up by the power cord that came with them in the box.

I would also suggest tapping and holding the touchpads on the buds while they are in the case until the green light flashes.

Let me know if this helped!

If after performing the troubleshooting and your device is still experiencing the symptoms, please shoot me a private message with your model and serial number in it so I can assist you further. https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting your buds from within the Galaxy Wearable app and making sure their software is up to date?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I can understand wanting to use both or your Galaxy buds at once. I have some troubleshooting we can perform to help with these symptoms.

First I would try to reset the buds, you can do so following these steps:

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

If that does not help to get the buds to connect, give the next troubleshooting steps a try.

Go to Setting > Connections > Bluetooth and un-pair the buds from there

Next, go to the Wearable's app and un-pair the device

Then uninstall and reinstall the Wearable's app

Once reinstalled reconnect the buds while they are plugged up by the power cord that came with them in the box.

I would also suggest tapping and holding the touchpads on the buds while they are in the case until the green light flashes.

Let me know if this helped!

If after performing the troubleshooting and your device is still experiencing the symptoms, please shoot me a private message with your model and serial number in it so I can assist you further. https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would also maybe try a fresh install of the Galaxy Wearable App and all of its peripherals.

Settings->Apps->Show System Apps->(look for anything associated with "Galaxy Wearable" or "Gear"... i.e. "Galaxy Buds+") and uninstall. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am sorry you have tried all the troubleshooting steps to get this issue solved with your buds and the problem is still re-occurring.

My suggestion is to call 1800-SAMSUNG (1800-726-7864). Once you call them, try to reach a representative and have the valid proof of purchase handy and the serial number of the device. Let them know you want to mail in the buds for service and they will email you a UPS shipping label and give you the proper instructions on how to do this process. It typically takes 7-14 business days for you to receive them back. The serial number and the proof of purchase is typically what is needed as long as the device was purchased less than a year ago. They should be able to give you replacement buds once this process is fulfilled.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would call Samsung Customer service to check to see if i have warranty . If you have warranty you are eligible to request for a replacement.For replacement , you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its still not working the model number is R170