cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

odd tone on the right bud - is there a menu or list of tones and what they mean?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, thanks in advance for any help.

Im using Galaxy buds via bluetooth to play music from my LG cellphone, with the wifi and cell data turned off.  While songs are playing, I randomly a hear a single distinct low tone (almost a "bong") from the right bud.  There is no pattern.  Sometimes ill hear 4 or 5 tones during a song, sometimes none,   Doesnt matter the song or volume.  Doesnt seem to be any pattern, and if it goes off and I look at my phone, there is no indicator that some action is taken (message or call received or any notification etc...).  Any ideas?  I couldnt find any documentation related to what noises/tones the buds make when the phone gets notificaions or messages etc...

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: odd tone on the right bud - is there a menu or list of tones and what they mean?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found my own solution. 

I described this issue to Samsung support, they just said to replace them under warranty.  I did.  New buds behaved the same as the old, all the same "symptons" described in my first post...

My fix...

Poking around on the "Galaxy Wearables" app on my phone, I found a setting under "Advanced", called "Seamless Earbud Connection".  It was on.  I turned it off.  All the random tones stopped!  Haven't had a random one since, but still get the expected tones for an incoming phone call or text.  I'd love to learn more about how this feature is supposed to work, but documenation cant easily be found. 

Aggravated at Samsung - their support was "just replace it", almost no documentation I could easily find to tell me why or how certain features worked the way they did to chase down this random tone.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Constellation

Re: odd tone on the right bud - is there a menu or list of tones and what they mean?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found my own solution. 

I described this issue to Samsung support, they just said to replace them under warranty.  I did.  New buds behaved the same as the old, all the same "symptons" described in my first post...

My fix...

Poking around on the "Galaxy Wearables" app on my phone, I found a setting under "Advanced", called "Seamless Earbud Connection".  It was on.  I turned it off.  All the random tones stopped!  Haven't had a random one since, but still get the expected tones for an incoming phone call or text.  I'd love to learn more about how this feature is supposed to work, but documenation cant easily be found. 

Aggravated at Samsung - their support was "just replace it", almost no documentation I could easily find to tell me why or how certain features worked the way they did to chase down this random tone.

Thanks.

View solution in original post